• Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Wilkes-Barre Just Arrived!

#127392 2 years, 7 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
Warlock wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
ill be there with 83msg and my brother. at Bearsville it was more of a sit down show but there were people standing and dancing - more so where there wern't any seats. I enjoyed seeing him solo acoustic very much, it was more then I expected which wasn't bad to begin with. It's not really a good show for people to dose at though, or at least I wouldn't think so.

the only thing I didn't like was all the talkers which of course stand out more and then people trying to sing with him and stuff - got a little annoying

yeah i couldn't see doing any doses either at this type of show, but i bet some will be !

Why not vary your trips!? PS this is Bobby's first solo tour!

I actually took a couple grams in Bearsville but wasn't looking for a real trip just a nice buz and then they keep me up nice to.

It's probably his first solo tour but not his first solo shows. last year he did 2 or 3 in Cali before doing Levon Helm's Ramble and then the Bearsville Theater on the east coast, those were in september.
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#127397 2 years, 7 months ago
Warlock wrote:
thank you Confusions Prince

Just spreading the word. The Jazz Cafe is only 1.5 miles from the Kirby, so stop on by before and after the show for some great tunes. I guarantee you'll be glad you did.
If it rolls, sink it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#127408 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
there is a best western and ramada within walking distance, around 100 per night. i'm sure 5-10 miles outside wilkes maybe even off 81 you could find a steal. also, when i'm traveling with low funds on the interstates, i always grab those books at the welcome center/rest stops with cheap hotel rates. i've scored some great 20-30 dollar rooms that would normally be 80+ thru those.

i'm still not sure what i'll be doing.
was going to suggest that they have a few stops on 84 and 81 also they are online rommsaver.com
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#127410 2 years, 7 months ago
Confusions Prince wrote:
Warlock wrote:
thank you Confusions Prince

Just spreading the word. The Jazz Cafe is only 1.5 miles from the Kirby, so stop on by before and after the show for some great tunes. I guarantee you'll be glad you did.
been wanting to check this place out might hit it afterwards thanks for the info my wifes english teacher raves about the place
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#127526 2 years, 7 months ago
The Jazz Cafe is the best smaller venue in the northeast, imo. Great food, great staff, and always great music, usually at prices lower than other similar sized venues. I'll be there 8 times this month... of course, having awesome local musicians doesn't hurt.... (Cabinet, FMO, Big Dirty, MiZ, Garcia Grass, etc...)
If it rolls, sink it.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#127536 2 years, 7 months ago
Confusions Prince wrote:
The Jazz Cafe is the best smaller venue in the northeast, imo. Great food, great staff, and always great music, usually at prices lower than other similar sized venues. I'll be there 8 times this month... of course, having awesome local musicians doesn't hurt.... (Cabinet, FMO, Big Dirty, MiZ, Garcia Grass, etc...)

march 9-10 at river street jazz cafe "bustle in your hedgerow"

Joe Russo, Marco Benevento and a few others doing their own take of Led Zeppelin tunes

between furthur, Phil and friends and other projects, russo is always up to something.

Looks to be an interesting show.

anyone going?
-- smell every flower --
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#127544 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm gonna try to do Bustle, if I'm up to it. I'm doing NRPS on the 8th and Rock the Walls on the 11th, so it'll depend on how burned out I want to get. Sucks gettin' old....
If it rolls, sink it.
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#127545 2 years, 7 months ago
Here's the Jazz Cafe schedule through April:

riverstreetjazzcafe.com/
If it rolls, sink it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#127605 2 years, 7 months ago
Confusions Prince wrote:
I'm gonna try to do Bustle, if I'm up to it. I'm doing NRPS on the 8th and Rock the Walls on the 11th, so it'll depend on how burned out I want to get. Sucks gettin' old....
I hear ya i may go to the nrps show still on the fence the russo eventmightbe nice have to run it by the wife see if shewants to go
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#127607 2 years, 7 months ago
checkedout schedule nrps is thurs so thats out russo is sat so thats a good possibility CP do you know what the differenceis between the tickets15-20 besides the $5
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds