• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Wilkes-Barre Just Arrived!

#126960 2 years, 8 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Looks like a great art deco venue, along the lines of The Tower Theater in Philly, although the website doesn't really give a good look.

It was renovated thanks to Albert Boscov, you fellow Pennsylheads.

www.kirbycenter.org/theater/history/

Thanks for the link. Looks like a nice place.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#126961 2 years, 8 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
ill be there with 83msg and my brother. at Bearsville it was more of a sit down show but there were people standing and dancing - more so where there wern't any seats. I enjoyed seeing him solo acoustic very much, it was more then I expected which wasn't bad to begin with. It's not really a good show for people to dose at though, or at least I wouldn't think so.

the only thing I didn't like was all the talkers which of course stand out more and then people trying to sing with him and stuff - got a little annoying

yeah i couldn't see doing any doses either at this type of show, but i bet some will be !
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#126985 2 years, 8 months ago
anybody know if there is a parking lot there?
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#127010 2 years, 8 months ago
Warlock wrote:
anybody know if there is a parking lot there?

I consulted my Magic 8 Ball and a google satellite map, and both said prospects are good for plenty of parking.
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#127011 2 years, 8 months ago
i was hoping it wasn't a parking garage
Confusions Prince
Junior Boarder
High on a Mountain

#127103 2 years, 7 months ago
The best place to park actually is a parking garage. You might find somewhere on a side street if you're lucky, but I'll be heading straight for the Boscov's garage.

Also if anyone's interested.... Mike Mizwinski will be doing a free solo set at the River Street Jazz Cafe before the show, and the Jam Stampede will be playing afterwards. Tickets are $10 in advance and available now. You can purchase them here:
holdmyticket.com/event/36880

If it rolls, sink it.
Warlock
Platinum Boarder

#127131 2 years, 7 months ago
thank you Confusions Prince
ratdogdonna
Junior Boarder

#127139 2 years, 7 months ago
Good to know about the Boscovs garage. I've never been to that area before. Anybody know of any cheapo hotels?
Let there be songs to fill the air <3
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#127182 2 years, 7 months ago
there is a best western and ramada within walking distance, around 100 per night. i'm sure 5-10 miles outside wilkes maybe even off 81 you could find a steal. also, when i'm traveling with low funds on the interstates, i always grab those books at the welcome center/rest stops with cheap hotel rates. i've scored some great 20-30 dollar rooms that would normally be 80+ thru those.

i'm still not sure what i'll be doing.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#127199 2 years, 7 months ago
Warlock wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:
ill be there with 83msg and my brother. at Bearsville it was more of a sit down show but there were people standing and dancing - more so where there wern't any seats. I enjoyed seeing him solo acoustic very much, it was more then I expected which wasn't bad to begin with. It's not really a good show for people to dose at though, or at least I wouldn't think so.

the only thing I didn't like was all the talkers which of course stand out more and then people trying to sing with him and stuff - got a little annoying

yeah i couldn't see doing any doses either at this type of show, but i bet some will be !

Why not vary your trips!? PS this is Bobby's first solo tour!
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds