• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

Re: 420 rules in Colorado may be changing.

#126522 2 years, 8 months ago
I was listening to an NPR program where the Eastern California Atty. Gen was talking about how they are targeting large commercial operations that are moving the product into states illegally where medical marijuana is still illegal and making piles of money. Couldn't find the exact program but this link is about the Feds trumping what Cal has tried to do. Still though baby steps. Go CO!

www.npr.org/2012/02/13/146826169/mendoci...marijuana-experiment
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#126554 2 years, 8 months ago
saw a great show on this topic on CNBC its prob available online ill look for a link.BTW from what i understand and i may be wrong i think the fedral drug laws trump state laws so if the feds want to bust people they still can which would suck since the people voted for what they wanted www.cnbc.com/id/28281668 and www.cnbc.com/id/39617671 enjoy ya know once the big corps think its okay or they can profit from it all will be fine
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#126571 2 years, 8 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
ya know once the big corps think its okay or they can profit from it all will be fine

Exactly!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#126751 2 years, 7 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
saw a great show on this topic on CNBC its prob available online ill look for a link.BTW from what i understand and i may be wrong i think the fedral drug laws trump state laws so if the feds want to bust people they still can which would suck since the people voted for what they wanted www.cnbc.com/id/28281668 and www.cnbc.com/id/39617671 enjoy ya know once the big corps think its okay or they can profit from it all will be fine

It's not that federal law trumps it- they are legally different entities with different laws. A local police officer can't bust you for violating a federal crime and a federal agent can't bust you for state crime. That's why in these big busts you see both levels at a bust- to cover the state laws and the federal ones.

But honestly what the state level cops do is prepare the case and then hand it to the feds to prosecute when it's clear the marijuana shop is legally under state law.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#126753 2 years, 7 months ago
your right what i should have said was even if the state law allows for pot to be sold legally the feds can still bust them if they want,i thought that was what was happening in cali, im not an expert on the subject just going on what ive observed,also i dont smoke so im out of the loop,the links are pretty good though lots of info
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#126763 2 years, 7 months ago
But I'm still confused, unless the state begins growing and selling the herb, how the heck are they making any more or less money if it's a dispensary or a private co doing the selling? Aren't the taxes and license fees more or less the same?
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#126774 2 years, 7 months ago
i dont know
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#126784 2 years, 7 months ago
I think that they just used it as a test market to see how much revenue is at stake.

Then Hippies started Medical CO OP's and were providing free medicine **(Commie Bastards) **Snicker**

Now they want to push Ma & Pa out to maximize margins. ****POT CO**** "where the pot heads go"

It needs a corperate branding/identiy before it can be shelved at the big box store.

~ just rambles/thoughts no PC police debates
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds