• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

420 rules in Colorado may be changing.

#126354 2 years, 6 months ago
Does anyone know what this means? Will marijuana be legal in Colorado? I can't find anything on Norml.org

Legalize It 2012 ‏ @LegalizeIt2012

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

We should be hearing back about the approval of CO's Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act in a few short hours...stay tuned!
Retweeted by NORML

According to Norml, here in NY it's just a civil citation for up to 25 g's. However, (dirty) paraphernalia can get you one year in jail and a $1,000 fine. So I suppose we need to smoke joints???
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by scar1et_f1re. Reason: typo
ratdogdonna
Junior Boarder

Re: 420 rules in Colorado may be changing.

#126355 2 years, 6 months ago
and eat the roaches!
Let there be songs to fill the air <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#126375 2 years, 6 months ago
I don't know the history here(CO), but can't we just let states decide there own position on this?

C'mon GOP where are you when we need you......the big bad wolf federal gov't is trampling states rights......Newt....Mitty...anyone...???
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#126385 2 years, 6 months ago
I think it was you who reminded us all that nothing can happen in an election year.

I'm more disappointed in Obama, he said he will stop the fed from enforcing the federal law against smokables, and I believe it has slowed down, but not stopped.

Maybe in his second term he'll have the guts to finally do something about this, even if it's the wimpy way out and making it a states choice issue.

I wonder why all the pop up ads on Norm.org arel for attorneys? I suppose it's the same reason the drug dealers are stuffing their pockets, the jails are filled with people arrested for bullshit, and we are desperate for tax dollars. Answer: We are so dumb the right hand does not know what the left is doing. Make it legal already. I ain't no criminal (but at least I'm enjoyin the ride)

--

PS, here's a snippet on today's action in Co www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/27/mariju...on-in_n_1304828.html

A group of marijuana activists seeking recreational use legalization for adults in Colorado expects to hear if they gathered enough signatures for a pot legalization question to appear on the 2012 ballot, the Associated Press reports.

SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#126388 2 years, 6 months ago
That would be handy come Red Rocks time, especially for those flying out! Though too bad it won't be voted on in time for that, if I'm understanding correctly.

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by SunshineSue.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#126390 2 years, 6 months ago
This just in...I'm moving to Colorado (not really)

BREAKING NEWS: Colorado’s Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act Qualifies for 2012 Ballot

by Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Coordinator February 27, 2012
shareshare

Residents of Colorado will have the opportunity to vote in favor of ending marijuana prohibition this November. Today, the “Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act” was approved for the ballot by Colorado Secretary of State Scott Gessler. With this confirmation, Colorado now joins Washington as one of two states where measures specific to legalizing cannabis will appear on the electoral ballot.

Backers of the initiative had previously turned in over 160,000 signatures. However, the Secretary of State’s office on February 3 responded that petitioners still needed an additional 2,500 valid signatures from registered voters to place the initiative on the ballot. On February 17th, the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol submitted an additional 14,000 signatures, well in excess of what was required to meet that threshold. Today’s approval from the state cements their placement on this fall’s ballot.

The Colorado initiative seeks to allow for the limited possession and cultivation of cannabis by adults age 21 and over. The measure would further amend state law to establish regulations governing the commercial production and distribution of marijuana by licensed retailers.

The measure is supported by a broad coalition of reform organizations, including NORML, the American Civil Liberties Union of Colorado, SAFER, Sensible Colorado, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP), Students for Sensible Drug Policy (SSDP), the Drug Policy Alliance, and the Marijuana Policy Project.

“This is a very exciting prospect for marijuana law reform advocates,” states Erik Altieri, NORML’s Communications Coordinator, “Coloradan’s have already set the example for how to properly implement a state medical marijuana program and now they have the opportunity to lead the country yet again by being the first to end cannabis prohibition in their state. With their state pride and frontier mentality, the Centennial State stands a great chance of being the first state to declare an end to the war on cannabis consumers.”

More information on the initiative can be found at the campaign’s webpage here and on their Facebook here.

Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#126391 2 years, 6 months ago
Finally government working for you!
Chester
More or less in line

#126397 2 years, 6 months ago
Another step in the right direction.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#126398 2 years, 6 months ago
Too Bad the rotten Michigan AG has declared WAR on Cannabis users in Michigan and has effectively ended the safe practice of Patient To Patient transfers and raided most of the dispensaries where the sick could go to get their meds. We need more sensible up to date politicians in Michigan and Washington DC. Obama when first elected sent out a Nationwide Memo to State AG's saying they were not going to waste tax dollars prosecuting Sick Patients, Caregivers, or dispensaries.... Most of the safe places in states like California and Michigan have been raided ( Election Year Politics! ) and those people are now facing multiple DECADES in jail. HATS OFF TO COLORADO! Now LEGALIZE IT!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by rockinbob.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#126400 2 years, 6 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
Does anyone know what this means? Will marijuana be legal in Colorado? I can't find anything on Norml.org

Legalize It 2012 ‏ @LegalizeIt2012

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

We should be hearing back about the approval of CO's Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act in a few short hours...stay tuned!
Retweeted by NORML

According to Norml, here in NY it's just a civil citation for up to 25 g's. However, (dirty) paraphernalia can get you one year in jail and a $1,000 fine. So I suppose we need to smoke joints???

It's pretty much legal in Boulder. It is just being revamped to limit the dispensaries. Party on Garth !
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds