• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
kfender
Gold Boarder

Re: I miss Jerry

#126458 2 years, 6 months ago
That's why I recommend everyone should listen to some Jerry every day!!!In fact it's really all I listen to to be honest!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Warlock, MushroomMan
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#126461 2 years, 6 months ago
kfender wrote:
That's why I recommend everyone should listen to some Jerry every day!!!In fact it's really all I listen to to be honest!!

Me too. It's like if I smoked weed. Am going to smoke the brown weed when I have the green.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#126479 2 years, 6 months ago
I always miss him but never more then when I'm relaxing on some boomers and hear his sweet voice from a crisp 1974 sbd.

usually I put on a 74' show when I trip but it's not just tripping face that makes it good. I'm talking just a nice mellow buzz, nothing crazy. They always sound good but for me theres nothing like a 74' sbd on a little bit of mush. maybe they were all in a similar state of mind and that's why you can feel the way they sang.

maybe the wall of sound had a big impact on the way their voices sound. Bob's voice was just as trippy but in it's own way. It's like their speaking so lightly into the mic or something, they just had this tone and way of singing that was just pure psychedelicness. then the music itself is on another level and hearing those voices makes me miss Jerry so much. In that state I never appreciate more how lucky I am to be able to hear such amazing recordings from any time but of course 1974 in particular and I feel so privilaged when I'm listening.

It really makes for a special trip and special night - I tripped at my buddies several months ago and it was just empty and not right ----- until they went to bed and I went home and jammed out to 6/30/74 all night ..... then everything seemed right.

I may have carried on a bit much here and probably sound like a broken record with the 74' thing but I had to mention this here cause those shows just seem really special to me and I could never miss Jerry more then when I'm listening to one.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by MushroomMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#126487 2 years, 6 months ago
I can sooo relate! One of the reasons I love Furthur so much is that for me, I feel that JK envelopes Jerry's Cosmic Spirit in his playing, but NOTHING is as good as Papa Jerry, THE MAESTRO! We are ALL better for having his music and message in our lives doesn't matter which configuration you now like best, they ALL play something from Jerry's soul for our souls to be happy. HELL YES 1974 was a GREAT YEAR MM!
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#126492 2 years, 6 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I always miss him but never more then when I'm relaxing on some boomers and hear his sweet voice from a crisp 1974 sbd.

usually I put on a 74' show when I trip but it's not just tripping face that makes it good. I'm talking just a nice mellow buzz, nothing crazy. They always sound good but for me theres nothing like a 74' sbd on a little bit of mush. maybe they were all in a similar state of mind and that's why you can feel the way they sang.

maybe the wall of sound had a big impact on the way their voices sound. Bob's voice was just as trippy but in it's own way. It's like their speaking so lightly into the mic or something, they just had this tone and way of singing that was just pure psychedelicness. then the music itself is on another level and hearing those voices makes me miss Jerry so much. In that state I never appreciate more how lucky I am to be able to hear such amazing recordings from any time but of course 1974 in particular and I feel so privilaged when I'm listening.

It really makes for a special trip and special night - I tripped at my buddies several months ago and it was just empty and not right ----- until they went to bed and I went home and jammed out to 6/30/74 all night ..... then everything seemed right.

I may have carried on a bit much here and probably sound like a broken record with the 74' thing but I had to mention this here cause those shows just seem really special to me and I could never miss Jerry more then when I'm listening to one.

It's Peggy-O and a few select JGB songs that can really make my heart yearn to hear him play that song...one more time. Simple Twist of Fate is another one.

I am drawn to his final show @ Tinley (which was great) like a moth before a flame.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#126500 2 years, 6 months ago
Post deleted - trying to insert pics - some work, some still will not.

I guess it doesn't matter....anyway (another one that makes me miss the fat man).
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by scar1et_f1re.
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds