• Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: current status of the flag

#126493 2 years, 5 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
Dire Wolf,
Sorry, an old nickname my uncle who lived there for 40 years calls it... Yes I will be in Boston, then Wallingford, Then NYC and finally Wanee, so like I said, Im willing to help when needed. Look forward to meeting you and all the FFF!

Sorry didn't mean to offend...it was intended to be a joke like people Ive heard who live in San francisco say don't call it Frisco or San Fran. I'm from Salem anyway!
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#126495 2 years, 5 months ago
Strider1 wrote:
wlewis wrote:
where's it at?

strider did you take it back t o KC??

are we sending it out to someone who will be at the inaugural terrapin crossroads weekend?

Not to worry, I have the flag.

We should figure out who is going to what shows so we have a smooth transition from person to person.
Let's start with the west coast dates thru April 1st:

Is Amusing Deva going the opening weekend of TC (17-18th?)? - Amusing Deva - Do you want in on this?

Wlewis and I will be there from the 22nd - 25th.

Tmglf2 is going to be there the last weekend, (29th-1st?). - Tim - what shows are you catching?

23Atwell is going to at Bobby/Bruce on 31st & 1st.

Who else from the forum is attending any of these West Coast dates?

Hey now - I'm going to TC on the 17h & 18th but not sure if the scene there would need a flag or if there even will be much of an outside scene Since the venue is so small it seems people could meet up pretty easily. But I'm in for whatever needs doing. Opinions?

If any of you happen to still be in the SF bay area on Mar 26th, you might think about attending the Seva benefit featuring 7 Walkers in Petaluma.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#126496 2 years, 5 months ago
^^^It does seem like if it's a very small place, or only a couple of Forum folks are attending a particular show, that perhaps it wouldn't be worth the transporting costs and hassle?? Just a thought!
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#126502 2 years, 5 months ago
Strangerinboulder: Only if you feel the need to. Because we all were. New flag, + pending shows. How could you not be happy?

Good point 'bout smilin' with shows pending. Seen lots of shows. Sometimes forget how happy I get leading up to a show. Start to get happy bout a week before, then happier the closer the show gets. Most times, still happy after the show, just thinkin' bout it. Afterglow. As for me, I feel no need to salute any flag, though I do think the flag is way there. Though I tease about it, it is indeed a beatiful thing. I always thought that people from the fourm didn't need the help of the band, that 'we' could handle the meet and greet part on our own. The band just needs to (and does) play. Comin' around. In any event, the next time I get to have that happy beyond words smile on my face is when the band sets up at the Beacon. Can't wait, but will attempt to show some patience. If and when I see the flag, I might just come over and say hello. : O )
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by nycdave.
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#126512 2 years, 5 months ago
I'm glad some people have mentioned about the small number of people attending these shows.

Maybe we need to determine what the flag represents to us and how to use it best.
I truly respect and understand that just like lyrics, the flag may mean different things to different people.

My thoughts - The flag was designed to designate a meeting point for fellow Furthur Forum Family members, and to be passed around to be used as such. Early discussion revolved around a table in the show, or other common meeting area. I have some reservation about taking it to shows where only 1-3 people from the forum are attending because what purpose would it serve? Are we trying to "recruit" more members to the forum? If we take it into the shows without a table, everybody doesn't always have the same seat location, so where does it get displayed?. Do we run a risk of having it confiscated in the show because we used their logo? Some of these questions only exist because of the type of shows we have coming up. Tiny west coast shows, then a string of shows on the east, with no real shakedown scene (except CT) and reserved seats at the venues. If we were about to embark on a summer or fall tour like last year, it would be a snap. Is the flag to be shared by all and for all, regardless of attendance by forum members at any given show? Or should it be reserved for it's original purpose, as a meeting point at shows with a large forum turnout? And yes I realize that "large" is a relative term.

These are just my thoughts, what are yours?
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, Bilbo, SunshineSue, amusingdeva, 23atwell
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#126521 2 years, 5 months ago
^^^ nice thoughts. I kinda forgot the purpose of the flag. I was just so dam excited and wanted to bring it just to represent the fff. I know the bob and Bruce shows there probably just be a couple of us. Good point strider.

I just thought if the the flag will be at tc and I live 45-60 minutes. I can pick it up just to hangout with it at bob and Bruce. I love talking to peopl and meeting new folks, so I think that will make a great conversation and maybe get some new kind people on this forum. I don't worry about anyone messing with the flag. Especially when I know I will be sober for these shows.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#126538 2 years, 5 months ago
yeah i guess i look at it more of a representation of everybody and our energy than a simple meeting spot. i picture it all over the place at all sorts of shows. doesn't matter to me where it goes. just let me know if you need me. i had a few different people ask me about the flag in broomfield, and they all had some sort of flag for their crew. flag people.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#126540 2 years, 5 months ago
I always thought it would go where ever at least a few of us were gathering for a show, be it Furthur,Phil, Bob, Mickey or Billy. It wood be cool to look at the flag and know that it has been at every show possible. That being said I doubt TC will have that type of lot or even the beacon for that matter. I'll be a happy hippy no matter what we decide.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#126541 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
yeah i guess i look at it more of a representation of everybody and our energy than a simple meeting spot. i picture it all over the place at all sorts of shows. doesn't matter to me where it goes. just let me know if you need me. i had a few different people ask me about the flag in broomfield, and they all had some sort of flag for their crew. flag people.

I thought it was for meet up and it worked really well for that. To me, having a beacon everyone can see, follow and gather around is the perfect way to get a gathering assembled. But I also agree it would be cool for it to travel to every Dead related show it can get too. I'd just send it along to wherever and see what happens! That brings up another idea Sunshine Sue had about logging where it has been .. kind of like the Stanley Cup with everyone's name documented type of thing. It seems like we have the folks here that are willing to do what it takes to make it travel ... so let's get on with the show..
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, ecojaded
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#126544 2 years, 5 months ago
i didnt chip in so i dont know if my opinion counts but i think the flag should go to everyshow possible even if only 1 forum member will be there,its a way to show our presence at the shows maybe get more people to come check out the site if a person wants the flag they should be held responsible for it and pay for the shipping to the next person.im sure if we contact themoderator we could get permission afterall we are trying to bring eyeballs to the forumif there are worries about it being confiscated inside dont hang it up as a banner,again maybe we can get some sort of official letter/permit to display it ..just a few thoughts,oh if its coming to the solo bobby show like MM saidi have a patio umbrella base i just need to measure the diameter also pics should be taken at every stop kind of a "wheres the flag today" type thing
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by 83msg1sttyme.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#126549 2 years, 5 months ago
"Where's the FFF flag today??" I like it! Like "where in the world is Matt Lauer"? hahahaha
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#126550 2 years, 5 months ago
We really do need some kind of log to go with the flag and document all the shows it goes to, however its travel path is eventually decided!
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Denver Man, ecojaded, amusingdeva
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds