• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

Re: current status of the flag

#296191 4 months, 3 weeks ago
ChefArugula wrote:
What!!!! No FFFlag pictures at the Phil shows? What in the 'wild world of sports' is goin' on around here?

File this one under the following category: Sad but true / The continuing adventures of our beloved FFF Flag.
Uh well um okay I am admit it. The flag was in my possession. It arrived during night two of the NYC Best Buys run. As the "semi official FFF Flag bearer" I was a complete and miserable failure. As someone who is practiced in the art of complete and miserable failings I could offer a plethora of excuses / reasons / bull hockey / outright lies as to why no FFF photos emerged from the P & F BB Run. Out of respect to our FFF community I will skip the usual excuses / reasons / bull hockey / outright lies and instead offer the following mea culpa. nycdave f'ed up. I throw myself at the mercy of our beloved FFF community and will accept the full punishment of the powers that be, however harsh (though deserved) that response may be, up to and including turning in my FFF membership papers.
As for the flag itself while it made it to my humble abode in NYC, it skipped the shows and instead opted to stay home and watch TV, all the while I was galavanting on the Best Buy rail, aimlessly dancing, singing, playing air guitar and securing my position on the previously aforementioned rail. Note to community. Moving forward greater care needs to be exercised in choosing flag bearers. Though we are generally reluctant to pass judgment on our members, perhaps we need to be more selective (like finding functional dead-heads even) in the selection of flag bearers.
As for the flag itself. It was so upset at me for not taking it to the shows that it insisted on being returned to the kind care of Dancing Turtle. Side note: Though I am now beset with guilt about letting down my fellow FFF brothers and sisters down, I did have a good time aimlessly dancing, singing, playing air guitar and securing my position on the rail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue, Strider1, DancingTurtle, ChefArugula
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#296199 4 months, 3 weeks ago
^^Dont beat yourself up .. Flag bearing is a tough job.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#296203 4 months, 3 weeks ago
^^ Not if u leave the flag at home it ain't.
: O )
See and I thought flag bearing was all kicks and giggles. Live and learn.
Last Edit: 4 months, 3 weeks ago by nycdave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, ChefArugula
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#296217 4 months, 3 weeks ago
don't worry Dave... the flag didn't leave my back pack when it was handed to me at CMAC all the way until after the Vibes when I shipped it back to somebody...

not because I don't love the FFF.... I just never got around to taking it out/nobody wanted it

so don't feel bad, your no worse then me with it

The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#296233 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Dave, in a reversal of the usual rule, I'd say that was a few words well worth a thousand pictures!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, nycdave, scar1et_f1re
ChefArugula
Expert Boarder
The Turtle abides....

#296260 4 months, 3 weeks ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Dave, in a reversal of the usual rule, I'd say that was a few words well worth a thousand pictures!!

And FFFurthurmore, don't even dream of turning in Your 'papers'....Your posts are vital to this operation and more than offset any lack of FFFlagbearing skills....
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, SunshineSue, Strider1
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#296281 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Aw U guys & gals r so kind. It's like I mean uh like um I can just feel the luv. Having an FFF moment here. Pause. Deep breath. Okie dokey I'm over it. It's a good thing this community doesn't want my papers back. I know I placed them somewhere in the dump I call home. Perhaps before flying to the left coast our rippling banner rearranged papers location as revenge for not being taken 2 c Phil. This may sound like a conspiratorial theory but let me tell u, stranger things have happened. Moving right along, lets all share our FFF Luv with the world. It will be a better planet & is all one really needs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue, Strider1, ChefArugula
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#296316 4 months, 3 weeks ago
IMO Best Buy has some bad vibes, even with all the kind souls at a PnF show. Reminds me of yellow shirts at the Meadowlands. THANK YOU brother Dave for shielding our flag from unkind vibes. Like a child it is pure, it is not to blame.

I would have enjoyed a my neighbors dog ate my flag story
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, kevin
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#296357 4 months, 3 weeks ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
IMO Best Buy has some bad vibes, even with all the kind souls at a PnF show. Reminds me of yellow shirts at the Meadowlands. THANK YOU brother Dave for shielding our flag from unkind vibes. Like a child it is pure, it is not to blame.

MANY other places in Manhattan that Phil can play, we should really petition Phil and Jill to find an alternate location (like the Beacon)
gone are the days we stopped to decide, where we should go we just ride
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
ChefArugula
Expert Boarder
The Turtle abides....

#296367 4 months, 3 weeks ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:

I thought it was an 'a dog ate it' story'....Rhetorically anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds