• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: current status of the flag

#193594 1 year, 11 months ago
OK. Sunshine Sue has the flag.

The FF67 caravan carried it from KC to Golden.

We saw Sue, Chester, stranger in Boulder and I b sublime last night.. Sue is already having fun, so we figured what could add to that, and passed the flag to her.

We hope she has a blast getting pics with everyone, and we know she will.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo, Strider1
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#195396 1 year, 11 months ago
we handed off the flag to little bear who will bring it to seattle and from there he's on the arrow.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bilbo
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#195402 1 year, 11 months ago
In my little tiny opinion it would be nice to share the flag more and let other people hold onto it for a weekend. Let some other people coordinate the meet up for once. It's the same people over and over.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#195413 1 year, 11 months ago
that's sort of true denver man. thing is, nobody is up here volunteering to do it though. not many folks want to deal with it for longer than a few minutes. it's an open thing if someone wants to carry the flag they can. if they don't ask or say something then it's kind of assumed whoever has it is still responsible for it. we asked 20 people from the board if they could take it to seattle before we asked little bear. i didn't see anybody saying "hey, i'd love to take the flag from red rocks to seattle" and i don't see anybody saying that for any other shows either.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#195415 1 year, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
that's sort of true denver man. thing is ..... we asked 20 people from the board if they could take it to seattle before we asked little bear.

Wait... Ya... you.. you mean I wasn't first choice...?
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Chester
More or less in line

#195417 1 year, 11 months ago
Little Bear wrote:
wlewis wrote:
that's sort of true denver man. thing is ..... we asked 20 people from the board if they could take it to seattle before we asked little bear.

Wait... Ya... you.. you mean I wasn't first choice...?

You were my first choice. Have fun!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#195421 1 year, 11 months ago
I was specifically talking about RR.
Chester
More or less in line

#195434 1 year, 11 months ago
I've been trying to think of what I could say about this past weekend, and I'm really glad I saw you Denver Man.
But, I guess we have to either have several flags, or retire the one we have. Understand, neither of those options
is my choice. But, with only one flag, the reality is, some folks aren't going to see it. I carried the flag for the first
time this weekend, and was honored. But the last thing we need, is for it to cause a division in our group. I hope
we can get past this. It was a magical weekend, and it worked out so well. I would hate to think anyone came
away from this weekend with any bad feelings about the group.
Lots of good vibes for you and your wife DM. Thank you so much for your efforts. I know you were busy.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, SunshineSue
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#195442 1 year, 11 months ago
Stacy and I offered to bring the flag to Seattle if you recalll, but we left a day early from RR's, so it wasn't really feasible for

us nab it before it flew at Sunday's show......just sayin'.....we'll be looking for it and thanks LB! It'll be good to see you again

brother.
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Bilbo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#195451 1 year, 11 months ago
Chester wrote:
I've been trying to think of what I could say about this past weekend, and I'm really glad I saw you Denver Man.
But, I guess we have to either have several flags, or retire the one we have. Understand, neither of those options
is my choice. But, with only one flag, the reality is, some folks aren't going to see it. I carried the flag for the first
time this weekend, and was honored. But the last thing we need, is for it to cause a division in our group. I hope
we can get past this. It was a magical weekend, and it worked out so well. I would hate to think anyone came
away from this weekend with any bad feelings about the group.
Lots of good vibes for you and your wife DM. Thank you so much for your efforts. I know you were busy.

Chester, I really, really appreciate your post. It means a lot to me for you to reach out. I still think the flag and the meet up coordinations need to be shared better. I know some people are inevitably going to be left out but it shouldn't be the same people every time. That makes for a weak community. I could bring the flag pole with me to Cali but it seems like if I couldn't coordinate the meet up in my own state I will have little to no chance on the road. Whatever. I'll stop whining now ... no seriously I will!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Time to create page: 0.88 seconds