• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

Re: current status of the flag

#186794 2 years, 2 months ago
Just me and all, but that person is gone and they don't seem to want to come back or have any contact with this forum.

That is very much their right and I respect that.

A lot of folks were disappointed with their behavior, but it's over, in the past, done.

Why hold any negativity, it just messes up your Khama/dharma flow.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, Strider1
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#186835 2 years, 2 months ago
I vote for 1 Flag.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#186856 2 years, 2 months ago
"its a flag for christ sakes"

that's the spirit!

no im just kidding, I don't care about 2 flags but I gotta admit I think its all pretty silly - especially since it's not even the original flag we're being all moral and sentimental about

I never even liked having the responsibility of being flag bearer, especially since I always go into shows early so I guess this will be a good excuse for me not be flag bearer anymore. I wont have any part of voting or deciding where it goes either

I like the idea of the flag and I love all the meet ups but I'd rather not physically deal with it myself - plus we don't want anyone upset about it not being set up long enough or getting to much east coast love
The following user(s) said Thank You: alilfurther, amusingdeva
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#186864 2 years, 2 months ago
I must say that I am disappointed by the above comments, if you don't share in the sentiment thats fine, but don't piss on the process of group collaboration and discussion.

Regarding the Flag being set up "long enough" I was merely suggesting that when possible to have a Flag presence before shows to expand the meet ups and enrich those meet ups as well. More or less a reminder that the original intention (or so I think) was inclusiveness, not elusiveness.

I was going to let that "for christ sakes" go I read msg post yesterday because, but since "thats the spirit" I must also say it is OUR FLAG ! and more then just a Beckon for meet ups, or at least that’s how it felt the few times I have seen it. Also since we are at it I guess when you see tour after tour come through your back yard some of those sentimental emotions get lost in figuring out how you can hit all of them and not how special it will be when you get to hit one of them with the FFF.

We need great flag bearer's like you Kevin, not sure what got you so pissed, and posted that.

Nothing personal dude, just my perspective that obviously comes from a different place. ((((((((No Coast))))))))
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#186869 2 years, 2 months ago
the flag is a physical representation of the community, 2 flags could possibly mean 2 meetup spots for the FFF, it is a symbol of how a bunch of strangers (at least some of us) have become 1 community bonded by love of the MUSIC. Logistics and what not have proven to be very easily figured out, it's all good, wave it wide and high
-- smell every flower --
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#186870 2 years, 2 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
I must say that I am disappointed by the above comments, if you don't share in the sentiment thats fine, but don't piss on the process of group collaboration and discussion.

Regarding the Flag being set up "long enough" I was merely suggesting that when possible to have a Flag presence before shows to expand the meet ups and enrich those meet ups as well. More or less a reminder that the original intention (or so I think) was inclusiveness, not elusiveness.

I was going to let that "for christ sakes" go I read msg post yesterday because, but since "thats the spirit" I must also say it is OUR FLAG ! and more then just a Beckon for meet ups, or at least that’s how it felt the few times I have seen it. Also since we are at it I guess when you see tour after tour come through your back yard some of those sentimental emotions get lost in figuring out how you can hit all of them and not how special it will be when you get to hit one of them with the FFF.

We need great flag bearer's like you Kevin, not sure what got you so pissed, and posted that.

Nothing personal dude, just my perspective that obviously comes from a different place. ((((((((No Coast))))))))

well I think your taking it the wrong way honestly, I said I think it's 'silly' not 'dumb' or 'wrong' or anything like that... and I was just trying to throw my honest opinion out there the best way I could.

why do you think I'm mad? .... also the "that's the spirit" was a joke as you can tell by my next line "im just kidding"

I think it's alright if I find the whole scenario silly - I laugh at a lot of stuff, including when I fall and bust my ass or anything like that

a lot of my post had humor intentions as I tried to show with the faces but maybe I have a poor sense of humor

I'm not mad and didn't mean to offend anyone but I still would rather not be flag bearer. I never really wanted to and every time I did it was just kind of cause I was going to a show next and it just got passed to me, how could I say no? .... but it becomes a burdon sometimes, that's why theres no pictures from Pittsfield, if anyone from the forum was there I would of took it out but I really just wanted to enjoy the time without dealing with the responsibility of the flag. There was almost no picture in Portland until I ran into someone at the end of the show...

now sure my last line may have been busting balls a little but it was all meant in good fun (obviously not taken that way), kind of like a sarcastic type thing
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#186872 2 years, 2 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
no im just kidding, I don't care about 2 flags but I gotta admit I think its all pretty silly - especially since it's not even the original flag we're being all moral and sentimental about

LOL
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#186873 2 years, 2 months ago
Maybe we should all make our own flag and stay home alone.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#186875 2 years, 2 months ago
actually the above not to be mentioned person did just that !!!

-- smell every flower --
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#186879 2 years, 2 months ago
wlewis wrote:
MushroomMan wrote:

LOL

That's true, but it still feels like the first flag, and I'm definitely in the sentimental-about-it category. Though I can also see how having to babysit it could be a real pain sometimes, so that's something that more than a couple of folks need to have the responsibility for, imho. But I smile every time I think about seeing it at Red Rocks!

And even when it can be hard to tell across cyberspace when someone is just kidding or really being snarky, I still think this community has done an incredible job of cooperatively producing and organizing the Flag and it's journeys!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, Ossumpei, kevin, scar1et_f1re, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds