• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: Dosed out Bobby

#125796 2 years, 6 months ago
i've not seen that clip before, and it was incredibly painful to watch. i can only imagine how Bobby must have felt.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#125812 2 years, 6 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
I went to both those shows and it was weird vibe for sure in the crowd for El Paso and the rest of the night Phil's admission, which they edited out of the official Soundboard can be heard on audience recordings on archive.

interesting they edited it out of the soundboard - maybe some truth to what Phil said then and not the meds
theuch24
Junior Boarder

#125876 2 years, 6 months ago
I always wondered if they dose or toke up before a show from time to time. I think it would be more common among the back up singers but who knows!
I gotta get down, I gotta get down.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#125965 2 years, 6 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
i've not seen that clip before, and it was incredibly painful to watch. i can only imagine how Bobby must have felt.

Yeah it's a hard one to watch fer sure
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
terrapin_blue
Junior Boarder

#126016 2 years, 6 months ago
Whatever happened, bobby is a fucking champ. He still takes charge and plays that fucker for two sets. At some points in el paso he seems to just stare at his hands for so long, so confused. It seems like he can't even figure out where he is, but he fuckin' puts his boots on and kicks ass anyway.

He's Bob fucking Weir. Nothing can stop him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell, DancingTurtle, marymontana
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#126068 2 years, 6 months ago
theuch24 wrote:
I always wondered if they dose or toke up before a show from time to time. I think it would be more common among the back up singers but who knows!
I highly doubt it these days maybe jeff and john etc but not phil(liver) bob maybe a toke or two but no doses
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
intense8
Junior Boarder
If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind

#126081 2 years, 6 months ago
I was at both shows and about 20 feet from Bobby when this happened. It was really strange and you could see him trying to work through it. It happened, big deal. I just am happy that they are still on the road. Can't wait for Spring tour.
perry
Senior Boarder

#126084 2 years, 6 months ago
Being a hack guitar player, I am in awe that musicians can get on stage and remember everything. Can't do that sober with songs I've been playing a long time (and have been listening to for decades).
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds