• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

So Many Roads Box Set?

#125278 2 years, 5 months ago
Just saw this 5 cd set on craigslist for $25 bucks and was wondering what you all think of it? I figure $25 ain't too bad and I also found the Grateful Dead scrapbook for $10 which is a steal so i might grab that as well. Thanks y'all
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: So Many Roads Box Set?

#125282 2 years, 5 months ago
It's a great set, long out of print. Features five CDs of unreleased tracks both live and in the studio. A few have been recycled on subsequent releases but the vast majority are exclusive to the set. Of particular interest IMO is disc five which features the only official release of late period classics like Eternity, Lazy River Road, So Many Roads and Days Between. I have no idea why this went out of print, it's an absolute goldmine.

In other words, buy it immediately.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamthedoor
Brother Dust
Gold Boarder

#125289 2 years, 5 months ago
Great box set, so many roads on there is amazing. Im not sure of the date but I think is right before Jerry passed.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#125298 2 years, 5 months ago
pretty sure the So Many Roads is from the last show

I don't have it but I've heard it played on gdradio ans is definitley worth having, especially at that price....

the scrapbook sounds like a steal to but hopefully it has everything. Theres a lot of loose memorbilia type stuff in there ...... I got my book right off the shelf brand new and some stuff was already stolen out of it.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#125299 2 years, 5 months ago
Yeah from what the guy is saying, the book is pretty much brand new w/ all included and at $10 I think I'm gonna take that gamble. Thanks MM
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#125302 2 years, 5 months ago
Door, HECK YES, Grab that one, and enjoy that! Great later classics and Brother Dust is right a KILLER So Many Roads. One of my personal favs
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#125394 2 years, 5 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
pretty sure the So Many Roads is from the last show

I don't have it but I've heard it played on gdradio ans is definitley worth having, especially at that price....

the scrapbook sounds like a steal to but hopefully it has everything. Theres a lot of loose memorbilia type stuff in there ...... I got my book right off the shelf brand new and some stuff was already stolen out of it.

It is from the last show.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#126172 2 years, 5 months ago
So I picked up So Many Roads for only $20 today and I'm freakin stoked!!!!! I'm finishing up the 1980 alaska run tonight and then onto Roads tommorow.

Wise word of advice, go to your local craigslist site and type in Grateful Dead every couple days and something is bound to pop up. I've gotten tickets, tapes (like 150 for free), and now this awesome box set. They also have the scrapbook I'm still tryin to get and a limited signed Stanley Mouse Lith of Bertha for $100 I might have to grab sooner or later.
Chester
More or less in line

#126175 2 years, 5 months ago
Great box set. I love the way it moves through the era's. And that "So many roads", is from the 95 Chicago show.
Amazing song, and possibly the best version I've ever heard.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#126190 2 years, 5 months ago
Chester wrote:
Great box set. I love the way it moves through the era's. And that "So many roads", is from the 95 Chicago show.
Amazing song, and possibly the best version I've ever heard.

It is a great version. Really makes me wonder why the powers that be keep claiming there aren't quality tracks from the final few years. About a month ago the Jam Of The Week on dead.net was the entire first set from a '94 show at the Spectrum. It was a quality performance from beginning to end, even better than I remembered it. Maybe they can't put out a whole show from that era but I'll bet they could construct an album of all the otherwise unavailable songs and covers from that time. And there were a quite a few.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds