• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Blair Jackson blog: war stories

#12498 3 years, 4 months ago
Blair Jackson has another fun blog at dead.net, encouraging folks to share their tour war stories.

www.dead.net/features/blairs-golden-road...oad-blog-war-stories

Mine dates back to spring of 1983, when after a mid-atlantic swing that stopped in Hampton me and my pals were driving back to Pennsylvania. We were somewhere in Virginia, it was early in the morning, but I was already drinking a road soda. Don't worry, I was a passenger in the back seat.

Well, our intrepid driver, who will remain nameless, must have had to take a leak or something. So he takes an exit and we are suddenly driving down this heavily wooded lane, entering what looks like a mall. But it is out in the middle of nowhere and this mall has a crossing gate. The gate is not down, so my buddy drives through.

Suddenly we all realize that we are on a military base. My friend the driver does a quick U-turn and we slowly approach the gate where a uniformed armed guard is spitting mad.

After a few yessirs and nossirs, he tells us hippies to get the F' outta a here. Which we gladly did. After the shock wore off we torched another bowl and had a good laugh.
spinneresque108
Junior Boarder

Re: Blair Jackson blog: war stories

#12653 3 years, 4 months ago
This is super fun, thanks.
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds