• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

Obama wants regime change - sound famiiliar?

#12442 3 years, 6 months ago
President Obama and the heads of France and Britain issued a tough joint declaration vowing to keep bombing Libya until Col. Moammar Khadafy is finally gone.

"Khadafy must go and go for good," they said. "We are united on what needs to happen."

www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2011/04/1...byan_leader_is_.html

So cans someone tell me where this is change from the Bush years? Obie is for the most part doing the same things that Bush did, only with a little Vaseline to make it slide in easier.

He is Black Bush.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

Re: Obama wants regime change - sound famiiliar?

#12453 3 years, 6 months ago
Thats what I hate about these things. its such a slippery slope. Its a CIVIL WAR in Libya. That really means LIBYA needs to step and decide what it wants. I know even we had help in the Civil War, but WE still create dthe constitution and all that. I dun like it when people just depend on the US or the UN ot save their asses. FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM! Nail that tank with your rocks!!!!

And, besides... Look at yemen. Look at Bahrain. WHY aren't we in THERE if its so justified to be in Libya?
Shakin Nagan
Junior Boarder

#12458 3 years, 6 months ago
Because we are protecting the interests of the multi-nationals same as under Bush. We are aiding the killings in Yemen and Bahrain and take a close look at who we are supporting in Libya.
Loonyj
Junior Boarder

#12469 3 years, 6 months ago
So---- if it were not for the French we'd be British right now
The Libyan peeps want what we do self determination, but in Afganistan we armed the rebels to fight the Russians and now those same weapons are turned against us. We are arming the Afgan rebels don't kid your self. And it's likely those arms will fall into the hands of rag-tag bands like the Taliban but what you gonna do. They want self determination like we did, until we gave it up to become corporate slaves to industry. And the dipshits we have in Washington, all of them, want to have you fund the civil war all the while giving what's left of your tax dollars to the large corporations so they can create slaver jobs for you to go to.
And we bowed to industry so we could keep our houses and our cars.

I liked the world when it was larger and less complex, before pagers and cell phones, but you can't stop industry and technological progress. So we willing singed on to yet another financial tether. Who among you doesn't have a cell phone, with text and data, and 3G, now 4G??? At somewhere between 50-130 per month? So now we have to scream about jobs, we have to have jobs to pay for cars and houses and cell phones and gasoline and we want more?

That's all the Libyans want to have the same thing we do, and corporate world sees them as more industiral slaves. We need to help them! Don't we, with your tax dollars.

While the government (US) stamped out those last vestigages of those who didn't subscribe, like the Rainbow Tribes. When was the last time you heard anything of them? We hunted em down and rooted them out so thier seed of thought couldn't spread.

When was the last time you took the time to march on the capitol steps of your state or US. There is a huge politial war going on right now in America, and I don't care which side your on, but you need to get on one.

Or are you too busy?

As I rode into Tombstone on my horse, his name was Mack,
I saw what I'll relate to you going on behind my back.
It seems the folks were up in arms, a man now had to die
For believing things that didn't fit the laws they'd set aside.

The man's name was Ima Freak, the best that I could see.
He was the executioner, a hangman just like me.
I guess that he'd seen loopholes from working with his rope.
He'd hung the wrong man many times, so now he'd turned to hope.

He talked to all the people from his scaffold in the square.
He told them of the things he'd found, but they didn't seem to care.
He said the laws were obsolete, a change they should demand,
But the people only walked away. He couldn't understand.

The marshall's name was Uncle Sam. He said he'd right this wrong.
He'd make the hangman shut his mouth if it took him all day long.
He finally arrested Freak and then he sent for me
To hang a fellow hangman from a fellow hangman's tree.

It didn't take them long to try him in their court of law.
He was guilty then of thinking, a crime much worse than all.
They sentenced him to die, so his seed of thought can't spread
And infect the little children. That's what the law had said.

So the hanging day came 'round and he walked up to the noose.
I pulled the lever, but, before he fell, I cut him loose.
They called it all conspiracy and that I had to die,
So, to close our mouths and kill our minds, they hung us side by side.

And now we're two hangmen hanging from a tree.
That don't bother me at all.

Two hangmen hanging from a tree.

Two hangmen hanging from a tree
On both sides of Jesus.
That don't bother me, that don't bother me, at all.
Yeah, sing it.

You gotta hang around.
You gotta hang around,
Hanging from a tree now.

My favorite show, is the next one!
www.phumes.com
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Loonyj.
FaceOnMars
Junior Boarder
Listen To The Flower People

#12485 3 years, 6 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
So cans someone tell me where this is change from the Bush years?

This time there isn't any talk of "Freedom Fries".

However, you are essentially correct: barring any truly democratic movement on the international front which decides purely upon a metric of humanitarian needs ... it basically boils down to the same deal, just a different pathway in ... which shouldn't be ignored either. I think Bush & Co (neocons in particular) were chomping at the bit vs. Obama's more reactionary injection of policy.

Nonetheless, I am no longer giving Obama the benefit of the doubt on change (and whether he's going to work it from the inside and just give him time). No eff him for snubbing out much on the truly progressive front. For example, his admin could've easily not said anything regarding Cali prop 19 (legalization), but they said the fed position would be clear. I don't care if "it was necessary to say" ... if Obama was truly about change he'd stop playing effing games!!!!

Maybe there'll be something which snaps him out of politician mode and he will be about "change", but unfortunately I think that would be a catastrophe none of us want to witness. So, barring any real changes (for the better) in the "person who claimed to be about change", I'm seeking out either a moderate conservative or third party candidate I can support this time around!
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#12486 3 years, 6 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:
President Obama and the heads of France and Britain issued a tough joint declaration vowing to keep bombing Libya until Col. Moammar Khadafy is finally gone.

"Khadafy must go and go for good," they said. "We are united on what needs to happen."

So cans someone tell me where this is change from the Bush years? Obie is for the most part doing the same things that Bush did, only with a little Vaseline to make it slide in easier.

He is Black Bush.

Get real, President Obama did not lie to us and fake intelligence reports to justify invading a country. Remember how they exposed that guys wife, go check out the movie Fair Game.
Light up or leave me alone!
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#12487 3 years, 6 months ago
Shakin Nagan wrote:

He is Black Bush.

Obama did not lie and fake intelligence reports to justify invading somewhere, go check out the movie Fair Game. Double post, sorry!
Light up or leave me alone!
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Colorado Greg.
Okie
Junior Boarder
I Miss Jerry.

#12489 3 years, 6 months ago
Darfur anyone?
"In the land of the dark, the ship of the sun is driven by the Grateful Dead"
Jack_Straw
Junior Boarder

#12614 3 years, 6 months ago
We will ALWAYS need an enemy to keep the giant war machine economy greased. It's just the way it is.

John Lennon said it best,

IMAGINE NO RELIGION
cut his buddy down
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds