• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Grateful_Bear
Fresh Boarder

Let's talk summer Furthur journeys

#12424 3 years, 6 months ago
With tickets on sale tomorrow, I'm excited as I'm getting my plans narrowed down for the summer tour. I'm from New Orleans, Louisiana so I'm very excited about the southern dates. I'm going to try to make the show in St. Augustine, FL and the show at Alpharetta, GA. Has anyone stayed in the St. Augustine area before? Looking for a decent hotel or maybe even campsite.

With these plans under way my brain starts to guess what songs they are going to play.
I'm expecting the night in St. Augustine to be an all out boogie fest full of love and fun. I'm guessing music never stops and shakedown st...maybe a viola lee blues?

And for Alpharetta, I'm expecting an epic night of spacial jamming and beautiful uplifting music.
I'm hoping for classics like St. Stephen. Terrapin Suite and a late night Eyes of the World would be wonderful.

Any thoughts? What are your plans?
neverstop66
Platinum Boarder

Re: Let's talk summer Furthur journeys

#12432 3 years, 6 months ago
St. Aug is my backyard. There's your usual name brand hotels all over St. Aug. But if you want to get the full St. Aug treatment stay at the Casa Monica downtown. You can camp right in Anastasia state park. The amphitheater is located in the park. It holds 4500 and there isn't a bad place to be in it. Even the lawn is great. It will be hot. I saw ratdog there 2 years ago and it had to be 110 under the pavilion. But what a show that was! If you've never been to St. Aug do come. Its well worth the trip even if there isn't a show to see.
freshwater dan
Junior Boarder

Re: Let's talk summer Furthur journeys

#12827 3 years, 6 months ago
I'm renting a car for 2 weeks. I'll be driving to All Good festival in West Virginia. Then on to Saratoga Springs. And then to Gathering of the Vibes. In between shows, I'll be camping in the finger lakes of New York and the Green Mountains of Vermont.
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds