• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Vote for the Best of the 3 P & L Shows

#124364 2 years, 7 months ago
Well, I have to admit, I've had "I am the walrus", running through my head for days.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Swan
Fresh Boarder

#124398 2 years, 7 months ago
Reply to Irrenarzt...

Just curious...were you up front about 20 feet from the stage straight out from Phil, and did the jackass spill the beer on you during the set break? Because that exact same thing happened to a group up there, where I was, and the moron who spilled it shouted out the lyrics through nearly all of the second set. Basically, he ruined the whole show for everyone in the vicinity. Overall, absent that, I would say the Saturday show was the best, but I enjoyed Friday more because I could actually hear the band for the most part. Was not able to go Thursday, so can't comment on that.

My philosophy has always been, when the band is playing, I make no noise. I do nothing that would detract from others' enjoyment of the show. I just don't get it. This moron also nearly fell over several times during the first set and I caught him on the way down...not only did he never say thanks or even acknowledge that I'd saved him from doing several face-plants, he repaid me by spoiling a fantastic show for me, my friends, and everyone else nearby. What a gem!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Swan.
Swan
Fresh Boarder

#124405 2 years, 7 months ago
Oops...
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Swan.
Swan
Fresh Boarder

Re: What was your fav of 3 P & L Shows?

#124564 2 years, 7 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
It would be hard for me to pick an overall favorite. The peak of the whole thing for me was the 2nd set 2nd night. I was really very moved by the Dark Star>Walrus>Dark Star>Dew. I haven't tripped in years, but that music hit the LSD receptor sites in my brain and got me off big time. I also liked some of the little touches here and there. During the second night at some point, the band riffed on "It Don't Mean a Thing if it Don't Have that Swing", and during the transition between Stephen and the Eleven on the third night, they did a riff on "The Age of Aquarius". That stuff just kills me. Did anyone else notice those touches?

Thank you for mentioning "The Age of Aquarius" tease...I thought I was going crazy because my friends who were there with me did not hear it. Also, the Hendrix riffs (I believe they were right) before "Layla" were very obvious to me but not my companions. So thank you, I guess I'm not crazy after all...
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#124624 2 years, 7 months ago
Chester wrote:
Well, I have to admit, I've had "I am the walrus", running through my head for days.

Me, too!! "See how they fly like Lucy in the Sky........."
Without love day to day insanity's king
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#124638 2 years, 7 months ago
Swan wrote:
edheadwharfrat wrote:
It would be hard for me to pick an overall favorite. The peak of the whole thing for me was the 2nd set 2nd night. I was really very moved by the Dark Star>Walrus>Dark Star>Dew. I haven't tripped in years, but that music hit the LSD receptor sites in my brain and got me off big time. I also liked some of the little touches here and there. During the second night at some point, the band riffed on "It Don't Mean a Thing if it Don't Have that Swing", and during the transition between Stephen and the Eleven on the third night, they did a riff on "The Age of Aquarius". That stuff just kills me. Did anyone else notice those touches?

Thank you for mentioning "The Age of Aquarius" tease...I thought I was going crazy because my friends who were there with me did not hear it. Also, the Hendrix riffs (I believe they were right) before "Layla" were very obvious to me but not my companions. So thank you, I guess I'm not crazy after all...

no, you're not crazy. the band was doing interesting teases and subtle musical references the whole run. i heard all kinds of things. has anyone mentioned the "It Don't Mean a Thing If it Ain't Got that Swing" tease? I forget whch night it was, but Scofield played the riff a couple times. i also heard them tease "Midnight Hour" a coule of times, and "Big Boss Man". the band was having a lot of fun messing with our heads. what a run!
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by .
bluetrainsugaree
Expert Boarder

#125671 2 years, 6 months ago
So it's come down to one conclusion, of the three, Saturday. Since they didn't even play OMSN they get the ribbon. Indigo, boys. Every tune was played as expected and blew the doors off the venue again. The bowl was not at sound precision level, but stage right was actually the most incredible as waves go. Straight on was just as incredible. The freakin floor was full freedom warranting. Scofield jazzed it up. Haynes belting. Greene just mind-blowing. Lesh produced extraordinary levels of notes. Chimenti chiming with precision. Russo held it down. All great voices. Just now getting over the ride. Some heavy stuff. Was good to get out and be free of much. For the setlists, I could have heard some from every night and would have made a miracle. thanks to t.rob for endless generosity! Wish we could've made the flag visit, did catch a glasspiece. Shakedown's blooming and blossoming again
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds