• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Re: What was your fav of 3 P & L Shows?

#124271 2 years, 7 months ago
It would be hard for me to pick an overall favorite. The peak of the whole thing for me was the 2nd set 2nd night. I was really very moved by the Dark Star>Walrus>Dark Star>Dew. I haven't tripped in years, but that music hit the LSD receptor sites in my brain and got me off big time. I also liked some of the little touches here and there. During the second night at some point, the band riffed on "It Don't Mean a Thing if it Don't Have that Swing", and during the transition between Stephen and the Eleven on the third night, they did a riff on "The Age of Aquarius". That stuff just kills me. Did anyone else notice those touches?
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#124272 2 years, 7 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
It would be hard for me to pick an overall favorite. The peak of the whole thing for me was the 2nd set 2nd night. I was really very moved by the Dark Star>Walrus>Dark Star>Dew. I haven't tripped in years, but that music hit the LSD receptor sites in my brain and got me off big time. I also liked some of the little touches here and there. During the second night at some point, the band riffed on "It Don't Mean a Thing if it Don't Have that Swing", and during the transition between Stephen and the Eleven on the third night, they did a riff on "The Age of Aquarius". That stuff just kills me. Did anyone else notice those touches?

Yes! I heard them! There were teases left and right! I could have sworn they were heading into Foxy Lady during that 2nd set as well.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#124273 2 years, 7 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:

I said that to a few folks in our crew about the 'It Don't Mean A Thing, If It Don't Have That Swing". Thank you...so I'm not alone on that tease. I didn't notice the latter. Yea, fun stuff. I also heard a "Whipping Post" tease during Cucamonga.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by strangerinboulder.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#124274 2 years, 7 months ago
there were tons of teases. some i couldn't quite pick out what it was but knew the tune. that's why this band is so awesome. they can dance around anything
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

Re: Vote for the Best of the 3 P & L Shows

#124275 2 years, 7 months ago
Still climbing outta the smokin' craters they left upon my mind....but if had to choose, would say uh, uh, uh...
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, FurthurFlower67, Strider1
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#124285 2 years, 7 months ago
Add Tears of a Clown tease out of Layla, I think
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#124287 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm going with the second night. That was smokin'!

Third night was great too song wise but some drunkass PBR swilling douchenozzle spilled beer all over me and my friends which was a bit of a buzzkill. That and this really annoying young kid right behind us was determined to sing every song off key at the top of his lungs, even though we complained to him that we didn't drive 500 miles to hear him sing. I finally had to grab the drunk ass guys beer and pour it on the young kid to get him to stop singing in the middle of the second set. We offered him a jay of of princess diesel to calm him after douching him and that calmed him down quite a bit. By then, the damage was done though.

Bottom line, idiots were out in full force on Saturday night.

I didn't go on Thursday but that looked like a nice setlist.
All You Need
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swan
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#124332 2 years, 7 months ago
Bilbo wrote:
.but if had to choose, would say uh, uh, uh...

exactly
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#124347 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
3rd was my favorite. lots of segues, jam heavy songs, they were there to play, and then some.

if i had to rank them in order...3rd, 1st, 2nd

i agree 100% with Burt... 3rd, 1st, 2nd. however, it really comes down to preference. this was the best run of shows i've seen since Jerry, so you can't go wrong picking any of the three as your favorite.

for me the 3rd night was IT. the set list was entirely made up of songs between 1965 and 1970 1972, and the execution was flawless. high energy right out of the gate with Golden Road > Viola Lee. during Bertha i was able to catch my breath a little bit, but Cumberland quickly changed that... wow, wow, wow!!! i loved FOTD followed by Candyman. it was a beautiful version of He's Gone into a great jam that led into one of the best versions of Cold Rain & Snow that i've ever heard. the 2nd set continued right where the 1st set left off, and it just kept getting better with every song. Box of Rain was the perfect ending to an absolutely insane show that totally blew my mind.

edit: 1st Stella Blue, He's Gone and Box of Rain were 1972
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by .
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#124363 2 years, 7 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Add Tears of a Clown tease out of Layla, I think

Yes...I forgot about that. Thank you.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds