• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

Re: What's your favorite part of the GD movie?

#13226 3 years, 5 months ago
Not to be a BUMMMER... but my LEAST favorite part of the movie is the fact this movie is what lead Jerry down the road to Persia.... Always bothers me enjoyign something so much that helped kill Captain Trips, but it is an awesome fuckign movie, so its hard not to.....

So,back to the lighter note, I think my favorite part is all the crwod shots, all the interaction with the Heads and stuff. Tis like traveling back in time. my Dad's first show was in 79, so its nice to kinda get a feel for how the scene looked and behaved and all that jazz when he got on the bus.

So geeked to see it LIVE in THEATERS on 4/20!!! Pittsburgh Mills, here I come!
SPAC84
Junior Boarder

#13310 3 years, 5 months ago
UncleGrizz wrote:
I always get a kick out of the Korean lookin' kid hitting' the joint outta' the Coors can in the line out front. Watch his face when he does the BIG inhale. lol.

My dad was watching this with my brother and me when my brother got the VHS for Christmas a bunch of years ago. His comment after this scene was "that's self abuse", a line which my briother and I love to bring up and laugh at at shows to this very day. BTW, my dad is still occasionally tuning in to his GD channel on sirius radio from time to time at 80 years old. He likes the music but never understood the deadhead addiction! Telling my parents it's tour time again is always entertaining to say the least.
mrh
Junior Boarder

#13362 3 years, 5 months ago
That's a totally different "self abuse" than the kind my parents warned me about.
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

#13617 3 years, 5 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
The 2 dudes leaning on the stage at the beginning of Eyes of the World.

YES!!!

They are right at the beginning of Eyes, when they pan back they are riding the rail in between Bobby and Jerry, the guy in the Overalls is the HAPPIEST dude at that concert, his look is priceless!!!!!

Besides that, my favs are:
Phil's beard!!!!!
Up Close Jerry Solos
Keith up close while playing
HOT DONNA!!!!
LeshPhilingBassGreat
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds