• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Thank You Streamers

#12306 3 years, 6 months ago
Now that the tour is finished I'm feeling a little verklempt. So I'll give you a topic.

Streamers are great, but they seem to operate in a paranoid world where they think they will get busted if they make their stream too well known. Why is this? Is it Furthur's policy or a venue policy?

For extra credit: Does streaming, like recording, help Furthur. Or does it hurt Furthur?

Discuss.
coyotte
Junior Boarder

Re: Thank You Streamers

#12313 3 years, 6 months ago
If yer not an Innie you get no stream.....not everyone is worthy of them ..because you never know who is some Nube is that posts it on some site and there goes the bandwidth and then it sucks for everyone.....Its not a free for all
coyotte
Junior Boarder

#12314 3 years, 6 months ago
and the band doesnt want it done.
jbeach12078
Junior Boarder

#12319 3 years, 6 months ago
caught a couple from spring tour, it was awesome. thanks to all those who helped make them possible.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#12320 3 years, 6 months ago
coyotte wrote:
If yer not an Innie you get no stream.....not everyone is worthy of them ..because you never know who is some Nube is that posts it on some site and there goes the bandwidth and then it sucks for everyone.....Its not a free for all

That may be. Maybe I missed it, but I've never seen or heard a statement from the band.

If that's the case, make it clear.

I've also heard different opinions on the bandwidth issue, and whether that matters or not. I've seen streams on Ustream that bugger at 100. I've seen others with more than 400 that have no problem.

Just looking for some definitive info.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#12343 3 years, 6 months ago
From what Phil's said about GDRadio streaming the SBD the day of the after, he doesn't mind live streams at all. So, my guess is Furhtur doesn't care to much since the stream is still an AUD recording, which is somethign tehy don't already care abotu and seem to encourage.

With that said, from what I've heard on dot org regarding the legally of the streams, I believe it is the VENUES having issues with it, believing that people would rather sit home and listen in on a stream than pay money for the ticket. Apparently there has been a few occurances when said stream was forced to close down. Never heard of it being a bandwith issue, since on some of the Furthur streams there were over 400 people on it at once.

Either way, I don't think its a 'inner circle' deal or anything like that. I know all I had to do was aks on dot org and I got a stream link almost instantly everytime one existed.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#12499 3 years, 6 months ago
"dot org " what does this mean?i want to thank the streamers i got to listen to alot of the shows this way i can see the point of view of the theaters ,i think that if a show is sold out streaing should not only be allowed but encouraged,this way people who may attempt something stupid to gain entry have an alternative,gate grashing was a big problems for the GD and venues towards the end and caused lots of problems another thing the band should consider is a payper view type deal with video iknow the allman bros do ths at the beacon ,not everyone can afford to travel to all the shows they want to see.isee this as a win win for all.another revenue stream for the band and happy fans
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#12512 3 years, 6 months ago
hehe.... 'dot org' is a reference to Ratdog's community site... They call call themselves 'dot orgers'.... Kinda liek the PhilZone people are "zoners'.... whats that make us??? Dot netters?? Haha...

And I LOVE the idea of streams. I really do. I don't got unlimited funds. I can barely travel a few hours for a show let alone do a tour. So, the couch tour is where its at for me!!! Really helps me stay connected and stay a part of the scene without having to go to the shows!!! Relistening to the tour now, I _remember_ moments when I was on teh stream being wowed. Its pretty cool.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#12524 3 years, 6 months ago
thanks for the update i had a feeling thats what it ment .yeahcouch tour at DHL on FB is a blast
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds