• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

I love it when we all sing along

#12300 3 years ago
I love it the grateful dead sing alongs at teh shows . (once again )listens ot the atlanta fox show . pleanty of singing a long and I love it . Makes me feel part of the DeadHead Fellowship , a part of the family !! BY Golly !! But I dont care for the chatter at times in slow quite places , though where i was at teh Fox i didnt hear to much , then agian the show was action packed . But i have been to other shows where the chatter was insane and annoying

I get great joy out of sing alongs though and i encourage it . I know some will certainly disagress with me on this one .. have at it .
The following user(s) said Thank You: sandee823, Abba
coyotte
Junior Boarder

Re: I love it when we all sing along

#12310 3 years ago
Shut up and listen to music ..we are not here to hear you sing........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack_Straw
Lynx
Visitor

#12312 3 years ago
It depends. Most of the time I would rather people just listen. But sometimes, and at certain points in certain songs, I find the crowd sing-a-longs fun....especially when it happens spontaneously. I remember one show when during "Ramble On Rose" the band actually stopped singing the "...grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill" part bc the crowd took it over. Now I know some may cringe at the thought but it was really cool when it happened.

John Denver used to have a rule: "Feel free to sing along but please limit yourselves to the choruses of the songs and let me do the verses." He used to say this almost every show.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by .
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#12346 3 years ago
I LOVE to sing along, but I know others arent there to hear me sing, so I try to make sure the volume doesn't impede otehrs enjoyments. Tis why I'm gald they play so loud, covers up my shitty singing!!! I just love singing along. I agree with it making me feel like part of the 'family'.

Now ehres a question for you: Do you clap along to the NFA beat or the AWBYGN beat when your listening to the songs at home or in the car? I always find myself clapping along as if I was there!!! Tis my favorite moment at the local theCAUSE shows when they play NFA, and the local crowd does the NFA clap and sings the band back onstage. Just an awesome feeling.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#12356 3 years ago
I like to sing along at certain parts, but I often find myself messing up when I know all the lyrics but like the last person said, I don't sing loud and only when everybody is. Sometimes ill just be moving my lips or just barely singing.

One thing I love about these shows is that you can never look out of place - no matter how you dance! Just let the Magic Fungi set in and do whatever feels good, or whatever gets you deeper into the music.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abba
Ima
Fresh Boarder

#12359 3 years ago
It's inevitable... the music just moves you!! There's no doubt about it when, ike someone already said, that "certain" part hits and all of the sudden thousands become one voice! One of my favorite parts of a show.

I'm a singer, and while I would love to let it rip through the whole show... I tend to do a lot of listening and singing quietly to myself until those magical moments where you just can't hold it back. I've only ignored my normal effort to try to respect others in my immediate surroundings once during China Doll 11-19-2010 Worcester MA. It was a moment that was mine and I disappeared into it without regret.

The music plays the band, the band plays the people.
deadbeat427
Junior Boarder

#12366 3 years ago
I usually sing along but not really loud. I can't even usually hear myself over the music unless it's one of those magical parts in a song where mostly everyone else is! Singing along at a concert is fun to do but so is the simple groove during a song! Have fun
Make myself a bed by the waterside
In my time - in my time - I will roll roll roll
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#12369 3 years ago
Depends on the song... rockers yes ballads no......& Yes on singing... not screaming the lyrics.....my fave sing along has always been 16k in unison singin "Baby won't you carry Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....................back to Tennesseeeeeeeeeeee! ......................... that said I do NOT want my neighbor singin Stella Blue Or Morning Dew........
Last Edit: 3 years ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Canyon
Junior Boarder

#12382 3 years ago
I really don't care for it. Its not so bad in person as I can move if it bothers me that much but on the recordings its brutal to my ears.
Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
Make the signs, connect the lines
Pay your fines, save your dimes
Watch The Feds, Dig The Dead

reflectionsofmatter.com
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

#12418 3 years ago
agree not every song is suitable for sing along
Time to create page: 5.83 seconds