• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

I Love The Backup Singers

#12298 3 years, 3 months ago
I want them to know they are loved , at least by some any way.
I saw them after the show at the fox . talking to fans having pic's made with folks . everyone was nice and respectful . it was a nice little scene going on and certainly appreciate that as a fan of it all ...I can see Jeff and Sunshine are good folks . then again they weren't getting swarmed and ooverloaded either , say if bobby had deceided to hang out it would have been pandimonium.

I do find it true that they are mixed in kind of loud and drown out the old timers (haha) , I think that could be corrected by who ever is doing the sound . Though i do find that they are just , technically , better singers thean bobby or phil so it cann clash a bit . Listen to the Terripin at the Fox I dont know what BVobbys thinking , singing wise . But part of the expriance for me is Phil & Bobbys not so perfect singing , it brings a smile to my face , they give it their all and it aint perfect but by golly , its family and ya gotta give it up to em' Perhaps is Jeff and sunshine didnt sing so well haha. Maybe use auto tune to make them sound more like bobby and phil

listen to the space in the Dark Star @the fox ..i would like to here them vocalize during space , lightly and sparcly but ther is room for them in the spacy parts ...much love to the back ups yo , they are good people

{{{HHUUUGGSSS}}}}
just my opinion , but one fact ..there's enough love in my heart for Jeff & Sunshine and JK as well ...and a hearty wellcome to the family !!
now its up to the philzoners to tear me a new one for this thread ..hahaha..unicorns and rainbows
Lynx
Visitor

Re: I Love The Backup Singers

#12303 3 years, 3 months ago
Damn... the paste-an-image thing isn't working for some reason. It was a cool picture of a kid stirring a pot!

I agree with you though.
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by .
pauly
Fresh Boarder

#12307 3 years, 3 months ago
<3
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by pauly.
pauly
Fresh Boarder

#12308 3 years, 3 months ago
I really enjoy the backups. Love the thick full sound!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruby_claire
coyotte
Junior Boarder

#12309 3 years, 3 months ago
I myself also do.... i've been seeing shows since 76' ..they add such a fresh sound and a great fill to the songs .. Jeff and Sunshines Harmonies are Great.......iIwelcome them, from the 1st furthur shows i saw with them....
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#12321 3 years, 3 months ago
Put me in the boat with the singers. Go back to the 2009/winter 2010 recordings if you are in doubt.

Lots of examples, but Sunshine and JK on Comes a Time stands out for me this tour.

Like a good umpire, you don't notice them live...but listen later and you notice they add a needed dimension.
tomass
Junior Boarder
High There?

#12323 3 years, 3 months ago
me 2
When you need a haircut bad..........
Rambleonrabi
Junior Boarder
"let me love you without ending"

#12334 3 years, 3 months ago
I do too....!!!
Ima
Fresh Boarder

#12339 3 years, 3 months ago
Love 'em!!

If I recall correctly, at the Wallingford CT show in '09 I walked away trying to comprehend the indescribable experience that I had just had. It was my first Furthur. The ONLY thing I mentioned afterward that I felt could've expanded the music was back up singers. If they were there, I didn't see them and I SURE couldn't hear them. I was stoked to hear those voices during the following tour!

I think they provide a nice solid foundation for any of the boys to work with. Can I venture to say I'd like to hear Sunshine bust out some of Donna's famous vocal appearances for the hell of it? Why not!
ruby_claire
Senior Boarder
Neon Light Diamond

#12348 3 years, 3 months ago
Me too!! <3

They kill those harmonies ~ listening to Uncle John's band earlier, made me tear up, it was soooo pretty.
standing on the moon
with nothing left to do
a lovely view of heaven
but i'd rather be with you
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds