• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Hair Test

#122591 2 years, 7 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Has anyone ever tried the shampoo, or know anyone who has?

No, can't say that I have. I'll ask around though. It must be an amazing job, to go through this. Best of luck to your friend.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
volare
Senior Boarder

#122610 2 years, 7 months ago
you probably already saw this but just in case, here is what erowid has to say on the topic.

Hair Tests
  • Are currently several times more expensive than urine tests (~$100-$150).
  • Are considered a relatively unintrusive method of drug testing.
  • Detect substance use over a longer period (see detection period).
  • Do not usually detect use within the past week.
  • Require a sample of hair about the diameter of a pencil and 1.5 inches long. They can not be done with a single hair.
  • Test positive a little more than twice as often as a urine test. In a recent study, out of 1823 paired hair and urine samples, 57 urine samples tested positive for drugs of abuse; while 124 hair samples from the same group tested positive.
  • Are not significantly affected by brief periods of abstinence from drugs.
  • Can sometimes be used to determine when use occured and if it has been discontinued. Drugs, such as opiates (codeine, morphine, heroin) lay down on the hair shaft very tightly and are shown not to migrate along the shaft, thus, if a long segment of hair is available one can draw some "relative" conclusions about when the use occurred. However cocaine, although very easy to detect, is able to migrate along the shaft; making it very difficult to determine when the drug was used and for how long.
  • Claims to be able to reliably differentiate between opiate and poppy seed use.
  • We've heard that many hair tests now check for more than the SAMHSA-5, and include at least Cannabis, Ecstasy/MDMA, Cocaine, Opiates, Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, Phencyclidine (PCP), Benzodiazepines, & Barbiturates (2001).
  • Shampoos and "follicle cleansing" products do not reliably remove drug metabolites from hair.
  • Hair/follicle tests as of 2011 are able to detect use for months (sometimes more than a year) after use.

The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by volare.
Chester
More or less in line

#122618 2 years, 7 months ago
I heard it was more expensive. So usually only required for higher end jobs. And it detects even the water soluble drugs.
I'll bet we see it being used more and more soon. I don't really smoke that much, and don't use anything else, but I have
avoided applying for jobs that say upfront, that type of test is going to be used.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#122801 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm gonna state the obvious: stop using for a few weeks until the drug test.
volare
Senior Boarder

#122803 2 years, 7 months ago
Bakes wrote:
I'm gonna state the obvious: stop using for a few weeks until the drug test.

while normally that is prudent advice, unfortunately the detection window for a hair test is 90+ days for most drugs.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#122806 2 years, 7 months ago
Maybe your friend needs to ask themselves if they want to work for a company that gives a test that invades your privacy off the job. I know its harder to find jobs these days and the employer now gets to pick and choose for whatever reason but again your hard efforts are what makes money for the company. They dont get a peice of your soul when you perform thier tasks. Unless you give it to them.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#122809 2 years, 7 months ago
Some jobs that require a drug test are more important to the individual than pot....ie. astronaut. Not all jobs that require drug tests are "the man" jobs or for money hungry corporations. Some require sobriety to perform safely and at maximum output.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Dire Wolf.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#122810 2 years, 7 months ago
He eats it for pain, not recreational use.

Stricken seems to have a point, is the job worth it.

He said it would be worth it if he can beat the test.

I'm calling a local head shop, which is well stocked and pretty comprehensive, to see what they say.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#122811 2 years, 7 months ago
If he's not passionate about it and is just oh this would be cool if I pass then why is he even worried. He will pass or he won't and if it doesn't matter that much to him then try everything you here about and hope for a whatever. I take medicine for my pinched nerve in my back as well but I still wouldn't say I'm sober when I do.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by Dire Wolf.
stricken
Gold Boarder

#122812 2 years, 7 months ago
The bar set for finding employment will most likley head to DNA test in the future. Thats so companies dont have to have thier bottom line effected by people who may be predisposied to illnesses. And thier insurance costs increased by them hiring these people. Good luck with the test
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds