• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

Just rented Rum Diary

#121995 2 years, 5 months ago
Movie isn't for everyone, either you get it or you don't. I love Hunter Thompson/Johnny Depp duo, so in my mind, that's worth the price, Rum Diary is the only book I haven't read of the late Doctor. I'll have to check it out now. I hear Curse of Lono is in the works now.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Just rented Rum Diary

#122003 2 years, 5 months ago
Love the scene where they put the drops in their eyes!!!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#122030 2 years, 5 months ago
This is one of my favorite movies! I just watched it yesterday for the first time....couldn't afford to see it in theaters when it was out
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#123875 2 years, 5 months ago
I agree it's not for everyone, but if you love Hunter, it's a must see!
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#123882 2 years, 5 months ago
Good movie.
GOOD LOVE
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#127514 2 years, 5 months ago
As a HUGE Hunter/Kemp/Raul fan I have been impatiently waiting to see this movie since they began spreading rumors about it years ago. Unfortunately the final product fails to come close to book in most instances imho. Aside from Sala's and Chenault's characters being played pretty much to a tee, It was discouraging how much they left out and how much they added, the L trip was completely unnecessary and straight up corny, 'I'm getting the Fear'.
Maybe I've just been expecting too much but I'll try to watch it again in a month or two to see if maybe my present mood or something knocked it down a few notches but I just can't help feeling that Hunter would mace johnny and the director in the face for fucking around with one his most personally revered pieces (not that he wouldn't mace them even if he liked it). I dunno, not what I expected and may I stress this is my honest opinion to those ready and willing to pounce on others with opposing views than their own at seconds notice.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds