• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: Suggestions for Grad. present, please!

#122252 2 years, 6 months ago
ratdogdonna wrote:
Thanks so much.. all your ideas are great & I appreciate it. Sigh...it would be so easy if she was a Deadhead but she's into other music. and she's got a house, wardrobe & all other goodies. What about like a spa day or something? I've never been but I hear they are amazing.

If she's so well off make a donation to a favorite charity to help others get to a good place in life. She's not a deadhead and apparently she's loaded or married a rich husband so she obviously doesn't need money or material things. So I guess what I'm saying is get her a personal gift that only mom knows her daughter would want. Otherwise it just kinda pissed me off when you ask for gift ideas and then list off how she has 'everything' already. I'm getting my masters in may and don't have any of that stuff and feel like this post is just flaunting your daughters good fortune. I mean she's rich and not a deadhead so why ask?
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Dire Wolf.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratdogdonna
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#122268 2 years, 6 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
ratdogdonna wrote:
Thanks so much.. all your ideas are great & I appreciate it. Sigh...it would be so easy if she was a Deadhead but she's into other music. and she's got a house, wardrobe & all other goodies. What about like a spa day or something? I've never been but I hear they are amazing.

If she's so well off make a donation to a favorite charity to help others get to a good place in life. She's not a deadhead and apparently she's loaded or married a rich husband so she obviously doesn't need money or material things. So I guess what I'm saying is get her a personal gift that only mom knows her daughter would want. Otherwise it just kinda pissed me off when you ask for gift ideas and then list off how she has 'everything' already. I'm getting my masters in may and don't have any of that stuff and feel like this post is just flaunting your daughters good fortune. I mean she's rich and not a deadhead so why ask?

I guess I didn't take that to mean the daughter was rich, just that the basics like dishes and appliances were covered, so those weren't needed. And Donna made a point of saying she wasn't going to spend a lot, and didn't seem to me to be flaunting anything.. I've got a house, clothes and the basics covered, but I'm far from rich, and certainly would like a present from my parents to mark a big occasion, even if I didn't "need" it. I don't think that puts one into the realm of obscene conspicuous consumption. Just sayin'!
mistache
Junior Boarder

#122277 2 years, 6 months ago
Maybe you can make her something, made with your own hand heart & mind... everyone's got some talent, especially deadheads, so let it shine... share a part of you with her, even better if something you both shared, like something you've done together or reminiscent of somewhere you've been... remind her of the things that matter, love...write a song & sing it, paint it & frame it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratdogdonna, scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#122292 2 years, 6 months ago
for sure a present is in order. I really like that home made idea. Now I'm trying to think what I'd like to have today from my parents.

One thing I'd love is a photo album of me and the family growing up. I also enjoy watching the really old movies from when my parents were kids - 8 mm stuff.

Picture albums and home movies are priceless. And when your daughter has children, it would be a real nice treat.

And if you think that's too little, a piece of jewlery from mom is always nice. Nothing fancy, but something she'll always cherish. Maybe with your name engraved inside?

Understand I am as dim witted as Tony when it comes to gifts - and perhaps I'm even dimmer (no disrespect meant to the good captain, but really, I think he's been sniffing way too much glue or something - you know how expensive it is to fed ex a human being for overnight delivery - duh, and the cost to wrap him, yesh). So I may be totally off base. In the end of course you have to go with your heart.

But now you really gotta let us know what you do get her.....

Bet anybody five bucks it won't be captain T, and I'll give anyone 2 to one odds on that one.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony, ratdogdonna
ratdogdonna
Junior Boarder

#122356 2 years, 6 months ago
Captaintony wrote:
Permission to interject, uh.. I thought about this idea for a present for quite awhile now, and with your permission and blessing of course, I volunteer myself as the present. You could wrap me up or simply just hand me to her, that's not my call, however, I do have a stipulation that you deliver me on a Friday so I can be back at my home by Monday. Thank you and God bless everyone!

Oh, Tony! What an offer! Gotta give some thought to that one tho'..!
Let there be songs to fill the air <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaintony
ratdogdonna
Junior Boarder

#122358 2 years, 6 months ago
Dire Wolf said- If she's so well off make a donation to a favorite charity to help others get to a good place in life. She's not a deadhead and apparently she's loaded or married a rich husband so she obviously doesn't need money or material things. So I guess what I'm saying is get her a personal gift that only mom knows her daughter would want. Otherwise it just kinda pissed me off when you ask for gift ideas and then list off how she has 'everything' already. I'm getting my masters in may and don't have any of that stuff and feel like this post is just flaunting your daughters good fortune. I mean she's rich and not a deadhead so why ask?

I'm sorry if I pissed you off. It wasn't meant to be that way at all. I just wanted to get some ideas for my only child, that's all. I didn't think I was flaunting anything. Really sad now about the whole thing, Dire.
Let there be songs to fill the air <3
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#122373 2 years, 6 months ago
ratdogdonna wrote:
Dire Wolf said- If she's so well off make a donation to a favorite charity to help others get to a good place in life. She's not a deadhead and apparently she's loaded or married a rich husband so she obviously doesn't need money or material things. So I guess what I'm saying is get her a personal gift that only mom knows her daughter would want. Otherwise it just kinda pissed me off when you ask for gift ideas and then list off how she has 'everything' already. I'm getting my masters in may and don't have any of that stuff and feel like this post is just flaunting your daughters good fortune. I mean she's rich and not a deadhead so why ask?

I'm sorry if I pissed you off. It wasn't meant to be that way at all. I just wanted to get some ideas for my only child, that's all. I didn't think I was flaunting anything. Really sad now about the whole thing, Dire.

Direwolf's a fine fellow, but that is his issue, not yours RDD. Who hasn't said they can't find a gift for somebody "because they have everything."

I think most of us have had fun with this thread and I sincerely hope you follow up to tell us what you decide and how she reacts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratdogdonna, SunshineSue
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#122378 2 years, 6 months ago
Should I dress up or wore something casual?
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by captaintony.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#122389 2 years, 6 months ago
captaintony wrote:
Should I dress up or wore something casual?

What do you think Cap? How bout a mink stole and panties, like Joe Nameth. I bet you'd look great in that. Or maybe furhtur flower can tie dye you from head to toe?

I trust you will wax yourself from head to toe for the big event?

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#122390 2 years, 6 months ago
And Donna, for what it's worth, you know you were not bragging, you were looking for some assistance.

direwolf, was trying to help, but I am sure the comment that upset you was misdirected. I asked you for more details about your daughter and price ranges etc to try to help. You were not gloating, you just answered our question. So if anyone indirectly caused you to reveal that your daughter was doing ok it was me. So there is nothing for you to feel badly / guilty about. I will hang my head in shame and give myself 30 lashes with a wet noodle. Then the universe will be back on track.

I hope nobody is upset / no hard feelings.

Thankfully, Captain Tony is here to make this all moot. He's not only free, he's ready, willing and possibly even able at his ancient age.

But my money still says tony will be stood up, left standing at the alter.

Time to create page: 0.59 seconds