• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Suggestions for Grad. present, please!

#121591 2 years, 5 months ago
ratdogdonna wrote:
Thanks so much.. all your ideas are great & I appreciate it. Sigh...it would be so easy if she was a Deadhead but she's into other music. and she's got a house, wardrobe & all other goodies. What about like a spa day or something? I've never been but I hear they are amazing.

A spa day is a great gift, but I know when I got my master's, it was nice to get something (a leather notepad folder) from my folks that was a lasting reminder of the accomplishment. You can never have enough shiny things, imho. Just a thought!
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#121604 2 years, 5 months ago
Find out where her favorite band is playing, book tickets in the coolest city and set her up with tickets to the show, plane tickets if you need to, and a nice hotel for a few days.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#121645 2 years, 5 months ago
I agree with Sue, for the gal that has lots of stuff and who can afford a spa day, I'd go for something that will last longer. I can't comment on the shiny part, but a piece of jewelry sounds interesting. Or a nice decoration for her home? Maybe a nice monogrammed leather bag?

At the moment, I defer to the advice of the women. That's right, the women are smarter!

(not true)
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
ratdogdonna
Junior Boarder

#122050 2 years, 5 months ago
Hey, Scar1et_flre, I just saw that "not true" at the end of your post! Are you sure it's not true??
Let there be songs to fill the air <3
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#122054 2 years, 5 months ago
ratdogdonna wrote:
Hey, Scar1et_flre, I just saw that "not true" at the end of your post! Are you sure it's not true??

He got sneaky with that one, didn't he? Good thing we know it's true!
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#122062 2 years, 5 months ago
Permission to interject, uh.. I thought about this idea for a present for quite awhile now, and with your permission and blessing of course, I volunteer myself as the present. You could wrap me up or simply just hand me to her, that's not my call, however, I do have a stipulation that you deliver me on a Friday so I can be back at my home by Monday. Thank you and God bless everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ratdogdonna
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#122063 2 years, 5 months ago
captaintony wrote:
Permission to interject, uh.. I thought about this idea for a present for quite awhile now, and with your permission and blessing of course, I volunteer myself as the present. You could wrap me up or simply just hand me to her, that's not my call, however, I do have a stipulation that you deliver me on a Friday so I can be back at my home by Monday. Thank you and God bless everyone!

oh yeah, I'm free!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#122076 2 years, 5 months ago
ratdogdonna wrote:

Just a reflex reaction on my part... And perhaps my personal opinion. I really both men and women are equally smart. But of course some women are smarter than some men and vice verse.

If you hear that "not true" at a show, it just might be me or my buddies. Oh babe it ain't no lie

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#122078 2 years, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
ratdogdonna wrote:

He got sneaky with that one, didn't he? Good thing we know it's true!

Yes the "not true" is true.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#122185 2 years, 5 months ago
sometimes... then again smarter might just not be "the" trick. Like heartical, only more one. Look up the root meaning of concupiscence, pre-1985. Smarts can get in the way of living a life of service. Smarts got us the stock exchange, industrialism, imperialism, and even high-heels. Smarts got artists excepting accolades rather than differing to a greater source of inspiration. Smarter is as smarter does. "Triumphant, triumphant . . . I Wanna Live in Your House . . ." nice Steel Pulse dub version.

Since a car, an iphone, or pre-paid cell phone seem moot, I'm agreeing on the keepsake that honors her choices and possibilities.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds