• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: Summer tour?

#121664 2 years, 5 months ago
a friend of mine who works at verizon wireless(formely dear creak) said that "the leftover grateful dead guys" are doin soem shows there in july.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B-Rad
kmoffat
Junior Boarder

#121671 2 years, 5 months ago
With Vibes and All Good being the same weekend it could be tricky to play both. Not impossible of course.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#121672 2 years, 5 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
a friend of mine who works at verizon wireless(formely dear creak) said that "the leftover grateful dead guys" are doin soem shows there in july.

Seriously, or are you just messing with me?? Wow, an old fashioned Midwest tour in July would be quite the dream come true!
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#121674 2 years, 5 months ago
"the leftover grateful dead guys" could mean we're in for more than just furthur!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#121686 2 years, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
B-Rad wrote:
If this Red Rocks rumor is true does that mean no summer tour??? Weir said that they will probably only do 3 tours this year. Are they really counting this spring NY and three other places a tour? I would much perfer if they didn't do a winter tour and did summer one...if fact I would perfer if they did a long big summer tour and then waited until spring to travel again. Maybe this is the end of the summer run at RR?

You never know. All I know is Bobby looked really woozy the first show there last year. I also heard that is why the Dead didn't come there after '87. But Denver , + RR is not that much different in elevation. You can never tell.

The Dead were banned from RR after 87 because the town of Morrison got destroyed by the crowds.

I heard that too.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
NewHampshireJed
Junior Boarder

#121719 2 years, 5 months ago
kmoffat wrote:
With Vibes and All Good being the same weekend it could be tricky to play both. Not impossible of course.

Did anyone else hear possible P&F, B&B, AND FURTHUR at Vibes this summer with no Furthur at All Good? Did I hear that on these boards?? All I am positive about is that I heard it, and that I will be at Vibes!
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#121901 2 years, 5 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I don't really remember I was just judging by when my card was charged.... the Vibes I think was announced earlier in march and I think Allgood was announced before april...... maybe it was the shoreline shows your thinking of that were announced then? ..... but it almosts seems a little late for the shoreline announcement

Actually you know what I think it was, Some girl ran up to me after the Binghamton show crying about how nateva had been cancled, 10-1 thats what It was, Then right at the end of the tour in Boca they announced Summer
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Gordon the Drummer
Senior Boarder

#121906 2 years, 5 months ago
NewHampshireJed wrote:
Did anyone else hear possible P&F, B&B, AND FURTHUR at Vibes this summer with no Furthur at All Good? Did I hear that on these boards?? All I am positive about is that I heard it, and that I will be at Vibes!

Yes, indeed. Well, at least I heard the Vibes part:

ratdog.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292941

"Vibes/Summer Rumor: Bobby & Bruce, PL&F will play separate sets and Furthur will headline with sit-ins galore. There will be more Bobby/Bruce and PL&F dates while Furthur continues to do their thing as well. This info comes from an impeccable source that is almost always correct."
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#121908 2 years, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
illuminaughty wrote:

Seriously, or are you just messing with me?? Wow, an old fashioned Midwest tour in July would be quite the dream come true!

Last year at gathering of the vibes Furthur played the 1st or 2nd night and the rhythm devils played the vibes a night or two later. levon was there the same day as furthur, a kind treat.

I suppose there is a slim chance Billy can make it to Vibes, but it doesn't sound likely - based on the fact that Vibes is July 19 -21 and 7 Walkers already announced this schedule. But those dates are open, so one never know, do one?

Of course these are educated guesses, I suppose as useful as rumored shows.

7 Walkers Tour Schedule

Join Bill's Street Team!
Are you going to any of shows listed below? If you would you like to help spread the word
of upcoming shows for Bill, please email us at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

7/14 Guitar Shorty @ Biscuit and Blues
7/14 Moonalice @ Jewels in the Square (Union Square downtown)
7/16 Afrofunk Experience @ Boom Boom Room
7/16 Antibalas @ GAMH
7/18 Primus @ GAMH
7/21 MGMT @ Fox Theater
7/21 Tracorum, Gaby V and friends @ Hotel Utah
7/22 Alex B, Ott @ Temple
7/23 Play Live Dead, David Gans @ Ashkenaz
7/23 ALBINO! @ Elbo Room
7/23 Dumpstaphunk @ GAMH
7/23 Mark Karan @ Pier 23
7/24 Funk Revival Orchestra @ Boom Boom Room
7/24 Sleepytime Gorilla @ GAMH
7/26 Sly and Robbie @ Yoshis SF
7/27 Sly and Robbie @ Yoshis SF
7/29 Big Head Todd and the Monsters @ Fillmore
8/1 Melvin Seals and JGB @ McLaren Park (Jerry Day)
8/3 Matisyahu @ Regency
8/4 Big Light, Apollo Sunshine @ Indy
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#121991 2 years, 5 months ago
I'm hearing allmans Furthur ampstheater tour.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds