• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
thinman
Junior Boarder

Re: Jorma's Fur Peace Ranch at Wanee...

#121110 2 years, 7 months ago
The list has Oteil Burbridge listed and I am sure Jack will be there along with a couple of other bass players. Mickey Hart is listed as well for you drum freaks!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#121116 2 years, 7 months ago
thinman--could you send me a link for that please.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#121126 2 years, 7 months ago
Fur Peace Ranch, for the very first time, now takes a festival version of their workshops On-The-Road to the Wanee Festival. Festival attendees will be able to participate in Guitar Workshops with Jorma Kaukonen, Bass Workshops with Jack Casady, Percussion Workshops with Mickey Hart and other workshops and Q&A sessions with this years Wanee performers all hosted by Rock and Roll Hall of Famer, Jorma Kaukonen. These sessions will provide Wanee attendees a very rare and unique opportunity to “peek behind the veil” and hear first-hand from the musicians themselves about the music we all love so much!

www.furpeaceranch.com/wanee12.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#121147 2 years, 7 months ago
Burt, I remember q and a at furthur fest. It was very interesting. I loved looking at all the memorabilia on the walls. During q and a, I remember it being hard to sit in that crowded room though. It was hella hot in there. But it was cool to see them up there talking.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#121163 2 years, 7 months ago
i signed up for jack casady's "double dose" session!!

it was like sending in an application so i don't know if it's 100% but it said to expect a confirmation e-mail within 5-8 days.

all of jorma's stuff was sold out..

ryan--yeah i got some great photos of all that stuff. it was so tough to sit there it was a concrete floor my body was already hurting..temperature didn't bother me but yeah good number of interesting folks within 2 days. walton, weir, lesh, scully, jorma, jack,....really cool stuff...i talked to scully for a short while after one of them...i was so close to meeting phil the day he was there. i was legit the next person behind and he got up and cruised..

here is how close...

Picture080.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
BillyDeLion
Junior Boarder

#121194 2 years, 7 months ago
wlewis wrote:
i signed up for jack casady's "double dose" session!!

it was like sending in an application so i don't know if it's 100% but it said to expect a confirmation e-mail within 5-8 days.

I've been to Jorma's Fur Peace Ranch and met Jack there. The bass player students loved his class. Needless to say he's an awesome player, but he's got a good sense of humor too. Good luck getting in, and I'm sure you'll love it. $75 is well worth it.
These are the good old days!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#121987 2 years, 7 months ago
great news for you lewis,double dose is an awesome album BTW and jack is a real funny guy for sure
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#121994 2 years, 7 months ago
Fur Peace Ranch is about a half hour drive for me, and I've seen Hot Tuna there a few times, nothing like seeing Jack Cassady walking through the crowd and getting in a line for a Tuna Burger.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#122023 2 years, 7 months ago
I'M IN!!!

got my confirmation e-mail last night, i've been accepted to the double dose class on 4/20, 1 pm!!
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds