• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
thinman
Junior Boarder

Jorma's Fur Peace Ranch at Wanee...

#120728 2 years, 7 months ago
For those of you still on the fence about attending Wanee, there should be no doubt now! This is going to be awesome seeing all these musicians interact and talk about their music...

For the first time Wanee Music Festival will host one of the premier music workshops in the country, Jorma Kaukonen’s Fur Peace Ranch. Wanee and Fur Peace Ranch will hold workshops during the festival and Q&A groups that will be held by Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady, Mickey Hart, Oteil Burbridge, Warren Haynes, and other performers that will be at Wanee 2012. They will all be hosted by Rock and Roll Hall Of Famer, Jorma Kaukonen.

In 1989, Jorma and Vanessa Kaukonen conceived what Jorma calls "a ranch that grows guitar players." Not a fantasy camp, but this would be a place where both budding and seasoned musicians could immerse themselves for several days, and emerge with renewed inspiration and tangible progress in their music. Now in its 15th year, the award winning Fur Peace Ranch will take their concept “on the road” and for the first time will be on site at the Wanee Music Festival 2012.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Dire Wolf, scar1et_f1re, GratefulDad420
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Jorma's Fur Peace Ranch at Wanee...

#120737 2 years, 7 months ago
that's awesome.

i was able to see jorma and jack do the Q&A's with phil and bob furing furthur festival in 2010.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#120743 2 years, 7 months ago
These workshops will be awesome. Get there early for a good seat. A friend of mine went to Jorma's camp ten years ago and said it was a great experience.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#120748 2 years, 7 months ago
is there some kind of preregistration for the workshop or is it just first come first serve?
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#120750 2 years, 7 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
is there some kind of preregistration for the workshop or is it just first come first serve?

This is the first time they've done this at Wanee, as far as I know. When they have workshops at Mag Fest and Spring Fest (other fests held at The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park) it's first come, first seated and they had them inside buildings. Wanee is so much bigger than those fests that I wonder how they will do it there.
Without love day to day insanity's king
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#120779 2 years, 7 months ago
Looks like a lot of fun.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
thinman
Junior Boarder

#120943 2 years, 7 months ago
Apparently they will be charging $75 for attendance to the Fur Peace Ranch at Wanee. I guess they are trying to target serious musicians and not be inundated with a bunch of people. Looks like a lot of fun for those folks who can play music.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#120999 2 years, 7 months ago
is it strictly for guitarists?

edit: (((bass)))
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by wlewis.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#121014 2 years, 7 months ago
unless jack is gonna be there id guess just guitar
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#121104 2 years, 7 months ago
i ask because jack was with jorma during their Q&A's at FF, although nothing like this. it was just shooting the shit.

i'd immediately pony up into that one
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds