• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder
Men never remember, but Women never forget

Re: how does your garden grow part 2

#262114 1 year, 3 months ago
Those are nice looking berries. We're in our prime time here in the Pacific NW and now that our weather is back to sunshine and upper 70's to low 80's, I'm looking forward to our Mt. Hood Strawberries. There just like eating strawberry candy. Plus Raspberries are ready to and Blueberries are next.
"What I like best about music is when time goes away."
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#262117 1 year, 3 months ago
ratdog2112 wrote:
Those are nice looking berries. We're in our prime time here in the Pacific NW and now that our weather is back to sunshine and upper 70's to low 80's, I'm looking forward to our Mt. Hood Strawberries. There just like eating strawberry candy. Plus Raspberries are ready to and Blueberries are next.

Nooooow it's nice! hahaha

I was working in Seattle off and on from Oct through January and I think I saw the sun 3 times in 40 some days there.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder

#262120 1 year, 3 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
ratdog2112 wrote:

Nooooow it's nice! hahaha

I was working in Seattle off and on from Oct through January and I think I saw the sun 3 times in 40 some days there.

Yea that's Seattle they get alot more rain then we do. I'm from Oregon.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#262127 1 year, 3 months ago
ratdog2112 wrote:

we've had 6 blueberry bushes over 30 years old that are still hanging in there and producing better blueberries then I've ever had anywhere else! ... the birds get them so we gotta have a net over the top and fence all around, not producing close to as much as they used to but still a good bunch and a nice treat every year.
ratdog2112
Platinum Boarder

#262150 1 year, 3 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
ratdog2112 wrote:

we've had 6 blueberry bushes over 30 years old that are still hanging in there and producing better blueberries then I've ever had anywhere else! ... the birds get them so we gotta have a net over the top and fence all around, not producing close to as much as they used to but still a good bunch and a nice treat every year.

I do have to say that the best blueberry I've eaten are the wild Maine blueberries unbelievable flavor from such a small berry.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#262355 1 year, 3 months ago
I don't have much of a green thumb, but these allium seem to be thriving. The catnip is coming up again too, and the cats are already attacking it.

IMG_2616-Copy.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#265123 1 year, 3 months ago
pretty
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#265129 1 year, 3 months ago
[quote="ratdog2112" post=262150][quote="MushroomMan" post=262127]ratdog2112 wrote:

I do have to say that the best blueberry I've eaten are the wild Maine blueberries unbelievable flavor from such a small berry.

Yes and they are very cheap round here...I eat them everyday in a smoothy with banana, rice milk, yogurt and spiralina. Our family goes through 3 lbs a week!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#265147 1 year, 3 months ago
I tried sunflowers for the first time this year. Here's a pic of the dog by them.

The roses aren't really producing like they did a couple of years ago.
image_2013-06-21.jpg

image_2013-06-21-2.jpg
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill, SunshineSue
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#265160 1 year, 3 months ago

Poppies
Thank You Jerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue