• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: furthur beach festival ?

#123859 2 years, 5 months ago
one thing I havn't done is forget tickets, I always at least tripple check for them, especially right before I buckle up and leave but somehow I always seem to forget something different every time, luckily it usually isn't needed (except the times I forgot my lighter)
will work for doses
Senior Boarder
I am Lobar speaking to you from the future

#123860 2 years, 5 months ago
It would be good to have some of these beach/or close to a beach shows in addition to tour stops in venues not in close proximity to beaches, as just playing beach shows, or doing a bunch of one offs costs production too much.

I'd suggest a show at the Rothbury site this summer as there seems to be no Rothbury this summer (again); String Cheese has a festival going there this summer. Ventura would be great, of course. I'm all for a show in Golden Gate park. Some serious strings would have to be pulled. Then somewhere in Oregon and Washington, at least close to the shore. Playing shows right on a beach is hard to come by, if you think about it, but having a beach nearby to chill would be cool, maybe even within walking distance of the gig. I'd expect Furthur will be playing Vibes, another beachfront gig.
Of course all this has to be sold to the local communities that it will be low impact in the bad ways and high impact in the good ways. We'd all have to seriously police (dare I say that word?) ourselves and be a minimal footprint on the environment, i.e. cleaning up after ones selves.
Like I heard Phil once say "ask and ye shall receive"
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#123873 2 years, 5 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Island Head wrote:
I went to those 87 Ventura shows, I lived in LA at the time. I remember driving half way to Ventura when I realized I forgot the tickets and had to drive back home smoke much?

You are not alone: Headed from college in mid-Michigan to Alpine '82 for my first shows. We were 5 hours in, just hitting Chicago and I had a vision of my tickets for both nights sitting on my dresser at home. Ack, what an awful feeling! Luckily, it was pre-sell out days, but also broke student days, so I got in to the shows, but sure didn't have much money left for food or anything else that weekend! Such a great time, though! Thanks Paul D, where ever you are, for getting me on the bus!

It happened to me again last year. We were at the bar next to the Orphium in Boston about to have our first beer when I realized we forgot the tickets back at my friends house in Hull. Luckily they were the Ticket Master email tickets so we called my friends wife and she faxed the tickets to the nearest Staples store in Boston. We only missed the first song.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#124085 2 years, 5 months ago
next time call ticketmaster they can have some waiting for you at the box office usually instead and you dont have to run to a staples and miss the first song....even right before a show starts they've fixed this problem for me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Island Head
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#124318 2 years, 5 months ago
CALIFORNIA NEEDS ANOTHER SUMMER FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds