• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

Re: furthur beach festival ?

#122245 2 years, 5 months ago
I never understood why bands like the GD or other jam bands don't just do 5-8 big festivals each summer. I mean Phish does their thing during their summer tour but why don't they just do 5-8 of those in various places across the country instead of a tour. To that, why doesn't Furthur, say next summer, do 8 three day festivals geographically spread across the country. They could just find a field or nice setting and put the whole thing together (they have the logistical personal already). For me at least being able to go to one or two three night runs where I can chill with my freaky family seems more appealing to me than the constant moving every night from one location to the next.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#122255 2 years, 5 months ago
They started breaking up tours specifically because too many people were showing up, touring, gate crashing and partying.
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#122257 2 years, 5 months ago
Yes, but it was the venues and towns complaining I thought. Not the band. If they held big festivals on private land then the impact on towns and venues would be none or minimal.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#122262 2 years, 5 months ago
And the impact on the environment would be huge. And if you think the band didn't complain do more research!
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Dire Wolf.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#122264 2 years, 5 months ago
The impact on the local community would be both positive (economy boost) and negative (ticketless wooks sleeping in parks, litter, and possibly other more serious crimes committed).
I think the biggest issue would be with the band, because they would be on the road ALL summer essentially, as opposedto a 2-3 week tour.
With that being said, I would hit up 1 or 2 of these festivals for sure. No doubt if they build it, they will come.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
B-Rad
Gold Boarder

#122267 2 years, 5 months ago
But the band would play the three nights and then have like a week off before the next festi. I was actually thinking it would be better on the band than the constant moving from one location to the next.
skyties
Junior Boarder

#122290 2 years, 5 months ago
Dead on the beach was a blast, (Ventura) let's go back pretty please.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#122798 2 years, 5 months ago
Dept. do you live in Ventura county I do we should hang out.
If your by the sespe creek we should go to the ojai hot springs.

Set out runnin' but I take my time
A friend of the devil is a friend of mine
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by DancingTurtle.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#122862 2 years, 5 months ago
[quote="wlewis" post=120487]i have heard so many people talk about ventura. GD played a show there on the day i was born in 87. that picture looks awesome.

I went to those 87 Ventura shows, I lived in LA at the time. I remember driving half way to Ventura when I realized I forgot the tickets and had to drive back home smoke much?
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by Island Head.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#123855 2 years, 5 months ago
Island Head wrote:
I went to those 87 Ventura shows, I lived in LA at the time. I remember driving half way to Ventura when I realized I forgot the tickets and had to drive back home smoke much?

You are not alone: Headed from college in mid-Michigan to Alpine '82 for my first shows. We were 5 hours in, just hitting Chicago and I had a vision of my tickets for both nights sitting on my dresser at home. Ack, what an awful feeling! Luckily, it was pre-sell out days, but also broke student days, so I got in to the shows, but sure didn't have much money left for food or anything else that weekend! Such a great time, though! Thanks Paul D, where ever you are, for getting me on the bus!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob, will work for doses
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds