• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Breaking Bad...

#186379 1 year, 8 months ago
I always thought Breaking Bad was fiction, but apparently it's a documentary, and the real Walter White is wanted on meth charges in Alabama. Too funny!!

Walter White wanted for meth production in Alabama

A man by the name of Walter White is wanted in Tuscaloosa County, Ala., for violating the conditions of his probation related to manufacturing and possessing methamphetamine. No, you're not reading a recap for the latest episode of "Breaking Bad."

White, 55, just happens to share the same name and apparent profession as actor Bryan Cranston's lead character on the hit AMC series. According to a story in the Crime Beat section on the Tuscaloosa News website, the local sheriff's office has placed White on its priority list for the county's most wanted.

White was on probation for a 2008 charge of making methamphetamine when he was arrested on similar charges in a different county earlier this year, the News reported. Possession of a controlled substance, trafficking methamphetamine, possession of precursor materials and manufacturing a controlled substance are listed as the charges.
No word on whether there's also a Jesse Pinkman on the loose in Alabama, or whether the name Heisenberg is being bandied about in relation to this case. Readers who commented on the Tuscaloosa News story certainly didn't let the irony slip past. "Skylar is gonna be pissed," "Better call Saul!" and "He is the one who knocks" were among the better comments on the newspaper's site, making reference to the characters and plot lines on "Breaking Bad."

theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/201...tion-in-alabama?lite
The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin, scar1et_f1re
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#186806 1 year, 8 months ago
The escape scene was ridiculous, and it further demonstrates how the writers are cruising on fumes to the end. I mean, no circuit breaker tripped on the power strip or in the fuse box? Mike, a guy who would background check his own granddaughter, is going to tie up a proven, ingenious adversary with a single nylon tie? "Fucking cool scene, d00ds. MacGyver and shit." This show has gone on holiday. Party and enjoy the praise. The writers are down by the pool if anyone is looking for them.

Great dinner table scene, though. And Grey Matter being mentioned and giving it all some depth was sharp, too.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

It's dead and over when close enough is good enough.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#186821 1 year, 8 months ago
You can find flaws/non-realistic scenes in just about any fictional shows today. I like seeing how Walter has transformed over the seasons from a science teacher working part time at a carwash to a brilliant madman, his character is totally off his meds these days, can't wait until Jesse takes out the dbag who shot the kid on the dirtbike, looking for Mike to get his own spinoff LOL
gone are the days we stopped to decide, where we should go we just ride
Chester
More or less in line

#186826 1 year, 8 months ago
Yeah, you have to look at the whole story, not just analyze it episode by episode. Walt's transformation, is startling.
Seems it may have been driven all along by this situation with "Gray Matter". He got royally screwed by his "friends".
That's his motivation now. Revenge, or redemption.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder

#186838 1 year, 8 months ago
kevin wrote:
You can find flaws/non-realistic scenes in just about any fictional shows today.
I'm okay with continuity errors (I'll be honest. I'm not even okay with those. Multi-million dollar productions with big crews and teams of advisors shouldn't have them), but pivotal moments that are based around utterly lazy and inconsistent factors are bullshit. That scene is a key moment in this season, and it was total nonsense. Soap operas aren't even that sloppy.

Not only was it technically absurd, but it went into that blasphemous area of counter-acting everything about a character. Here's a character that they've been developing for around 2.5 seasons, who they just recently established (yet again) their thoroughness and detailed technical skill in certain logistical areas, and who is at a life-changing moment that all depends on this one deal. They wrote the situation. The writers couldn't come up with something better than that? Something that would feed the story and further each character? Instead, they pulled gift paper over a gorge and drove a tank division over it. I don't love this show enough to give them a pass like that. I don't love any show, movie, band, or whatever to allow them that kind of insult to both my investment and their work. That's right. They crapped on their own integrity with this scene.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?

Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by ZenoMarx.
strangerinboulder
Platinum Boarder

#186848 1 year, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
I always thought Breaking Bad was fiction, but apparently it's a documentary, and the real Walter White is wanted on meth charges in Alabama. Too funny!!

Walter White wanted for meth production in Alabama

A man by the name of Walter White is wanted in Tuscaloosa County, Ala., for violating the conditions of his probation related to manufacturing and possessing methamphetamine. No, you're not reading a recap for the latest episode of "Breaking Bad."

White, 55, just happens to share the same name and apparent profession as actor Bryan Cranston's lead character on the hit AMC series. According to a story in the Crime Beat section on the Tuscaloosa News website, the local sheriff's office has placed White on its priority list for the county's most wanted.

White was on probation for a 2008 charge of making methamphetamine when he was arrested on similar charges in a different county earlier this year, the News reported. Possession of a controlled substance, trafficking methamphetamine, possession of precursor materials and manufacturing a controlled substance are listed as the charges.
No word on whether there's also a Jesse Pinkman on the loose in Alabama, or whether the name Heisenberg is being bandied about in relation to this case. Readers who commented on the Tuscaloosa News story certainly didn't let the irony slip past. "Skylar is gonna be pissed," "Better call Saul!" and "He is the one who knocks" were among the better comments on the newspaper's site, making reference to the characters and plot lines on "Breaking Bad."

theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/201...tion-in-alabama?lite

Meth...That is exactly why I hate this show.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder

#186863 1 year, 8 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Yeah, this is a problem for me. Possibly the only drug/drug species I wouldn't decriminalize and/or legalize. When it first aired, it was a difficult pill for me to swallow. I don't have any excuses. I lack the conviction because I desperately desire to be entertained by things of quality (which is why I'm so critical of the show). It's truly unfortunate the meth world is the setting for this.

SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#186882 1 year, 8 months ago
ZenoMarx wrote:
strangerinboulder wrote:
Yeah, this is a problem for me. Possibly the only drug/drug species I wouldn't decriminalize and/or legalize. When it first aired, it was a difficult pill for me to swallow. I don't have any excuses. I lack the conviction because I desperately desire to be entertained by things of quality (which is why I'm so critical of the show). It's truly unfortunate the meth world is the setting for this.

Well, you sure can't say the show glorifies either using it or selling it. It's certainly anti-meth.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder

#186913 1 year, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Well, you sure can't say the show glorifies either using it or selling it. It's certainly anti-meth.
Really? That's interesting. I'd like to hear what other people think about it. I don't think it has taken much of a stance either way. It has its moments in either direction, but I've never gotten an anti-anything or pro-anything vibe as a steadfast stance. Mostly politically neutral. Maybe VGillian has said otherwise in interviews, but the show hasn't made me ever think, "Man, they're really drawing a line in the sand with that."

LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#277403 8 months, 2 weeks ago
"If that's true, if you don't know who I am, then.... maybe you should tread lightly...." Walter White is back & badder than ever!!!!
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, iamthedoor
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds