SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Breaking Bad...

#175262 2 years ago
LBDowling wrote:
Go ahead- you know you want to !!!

tiosbell.com/

Set your DVRs if you're hitting Bethel tonight! Ding ding ding!!!!

That's priceless!! I can't stop hitting it!!

DVR is all set, looking forward to seeing where we go after last season's explosive ending!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#180917 2 years ago
Me and my tirtle are a bit slow. We just finished season 2 episode 8. It's the only tv series that I watch, but I do not watch much television as of late. Thank goodness for Netflix

And thanks again to the kind folks here for turning me (and others) onto this awesome show!

Speaking of turtles, last night I saw the episode where they were in New Mexico, and there was a turtle in one of the more graphic scenes. It all rolls into one.....

"HOLA DEA"

turtle14.gif

turtleanimatedsmile.gif
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#180919 2 years ago
^^^Yeah, that was one unforgettable turtle scene all right! It's such a great show. Though Walt keeps getting darker and darker; it's pretty scary!
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#180982 2 years ago
The first episode of this new season was really poor. It was best described to me as a 2nd rate episode from The A-Team. I just know I didn't care for it much at all and was disappointed. The episodes since have been quite good. I fear Walt will become too one-dimensional as they're writing him now, even if the story is clever enough to carry his character. Watching him become an escalating hard-ass isn't all that interesting beyond its capacity for sensationalism; might make a great scene now and again, but the show should be smarter and more solid than just that.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#184595 1 year, 11 months ago
After that superb ending to season 4, I am finding this season to be a complete snoozefest. Do we really need to get into skyler's inner psyche as the show winds to an end? Hopefully they will give Mike a spinoff after this year.
-- smell every flower --
Chester
More or less in line

#184596 1 year, 11 months ago
Give it time. There have always been "snoozer" shows. It's a plot building device. They use those shows to build up a storyline.
Then they resolve it. I guarantee there is a good reason why we need to know everything about what Skyler is thinking.
That's one of the great things about this show. It's not all "action and adventure". There's a mystery to solve.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#184597 1 year, 11 months ago
Thanks chester, hopefully we get some more plot development this weekend. Any idea how many shows will be in this final season? I thought I saw somewhere there would be 8 total?
-- smell every flower --
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#184600 1 year, 11 months ago
All i know is that skylers sister gives me anxiety
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#184667 1 year, 11 months ago
I don't think the Breaking Bad writers had any idea where they wanted to take the show. It's common to not have longterm vision for TV shows, but it doesn't make it any less unfortunate. They've written Walt into a one-dimensional corner. I don't care for how they've handled season 5. The only thing I can say for this season is that I'm now convinced that Anna Gunn (Skylar) was a casting mistake. It's not the poor writing or sub-par acting, both of which are pretty obvious if you ask me. They picked the wrong actress. A lot of people hate her and the role, but that's a bit extreme to me. I just think the bumbled the choice in person is all.

Do we want her to go back to being her same bitchy self? Not really. Do we want to endure more episodes of her curled up on their bed and scared? No. Do we want her to become a ruthless queenpin and start directing their new life as she did their old life? Uh...maybe? No/yes? Can she just go visit her mother or something for a season?

They didn't transition her character into this new place very well, either. One minute she's dealing with the business, the money, and taking it in biting Skylar stride, and the next minute, she's a mess. All from one visit with Ted Beneke? (a visit that really didn't give any indication that it knocked her on her ass emotionally or morally). There was no set-up for who she's been this season.

I wish Vince Gilligan was even half the writer Matthew Weiner is. There wouldn't be such giant spaces of nothingness. More Saul! And I even like the new character, Lydia. This show is a lot like The Walking Dead. You have to sit through a good handful of dragging episodes to finally get to the punch line. Hell on Wheels is no grand show, but I'm looking forward to it more than I am following the Breaking Bad arc. Not a lot of return on a longterm investment.

Anyone watching Small Town Security? What a weird, weird show. I've try to describe to people who aren't watching, and I'm at a lost for words.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds