• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Way to Go Calif Courts! FU Calif voters

#120036 2 years, 5 months ago
Appeals court: California's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriages is unconstitutional

Still a developing story, but gesh folks, what the f do you care if two people in love wish to have equal rights? I am not gay but it shames me that some people who are gay are treated as second class citizens in this country.

Who's next, the snees with spots on their bellies or the snees without spots?
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, Tiki Mon, 23atwell, B-Rad, DrippingColors, DancingTurtle
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: Way to Go Calif Courts! FU Calif voters

#120039 2 years, 5 months ago
blame the mormons, they bankrolled that whole thing.
and blame the cali. non voters, cause most of us could give a fuck less who marries who.
seriously i have nuthin against mormons, but they dont like gay marriage. i live in cali, i xperience the shit first hand. there is very little hatret towards gays even in right wing religous groups. xcept mormans. seems they think if they let girls marry each other, they might not get 4 wives apeice.
so who do want to see obama destory in a debate, newt, or the morman? i feel sorry for newt already, his name is newt?!! i cant wait till we hear about all the skeletons in the other gguys closet(i cant remember his name, if you cant remember his name, you cant vote for em)
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by illuminaughty. Reason: cant spell
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#120045 2 years, 5 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
blame the mormons, they bankrolled that whole thing.
and blame the cali. non voters, cause most of us could give a fuck less who marries who.
seriously i have nuthin against mormons, but they dont like gay marriage. i live in cali, i xperience the shit first hand. there is very little hatret towards gays even in right wing religous groups. xcept mormans. seems they think if they let girls marry each other, they might not get 4 wives apeice.
so who do want to see obama destory in a debate, newt, or the morman? i feel sorry for newt already, his name is newt?!! i cant wait till we hear about all the skeletons in the other gguys closet(i cant remember his name, if you cant remember his name, you cant vote for em)

It surprised me that the voters approved the ban as Calif is overall a liberal state. Voter apathy makes a lot of sense.
This is why you need to register and vote in every election that you can. If you don't listen to me, listen to Bobby

"I think if people value democracy, they had damn well better get out and exercise their right to vote while their vote still means something."
-Bob Weir

FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#120050 2 years, 5 months ago
Living in Los Angeles - I gotta be honest - part of the blame lies with the gay community. They sure know how to party and have a good time over in West Hollywood, etc. But when it comes to getting involved to stop crazy initiative.... they were non-existent. You'd think they would have done much more to stop it. But they didn't. So sure- the mormons poured a ton of $$ into it. But they could have stood up and demanded their rights.

At least finally the courts are recognizing that you just can't ballot someone's rights away. I'm not gay but what the fuck.

And we are not really a liberal state in social causes. They pick the election cycle when few liberals will show up. The entire proposition system should be abolished.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#120083 2 years, 5 months ago
Lostsailor "Living in Los Angeles - I gotta be honest - part of the blame lies with the gay community"

Thats BULL SHIT gays all over came together to voet it in how can you say that they didn't rally together!
sweetwilliamisdead
Junior Boarder

#120085 2 years, 5 months ago
we slowly creep towards equality, well at least something reminscent of it
The following user(s) said Thank You: DrippingColors
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#120086 2 years, 5 months ago
Thats right democracy is a slow process no one groop can be blamed they bolth are partisapting.
Chang will come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#120104 2 years, 5 months ago
The time has come To talk of other things Of shoes and ships and sealing wax Of cabbages and kings And why the sea is boiling hot And whether pigs have wings Calloo-Callay No work today! We're cabbages and kings
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#120129 2 years, 5 months ago
DancingTurtle wrote:
Lostsailor "Living in Los Angeles - I gotta be honest - part of the blame lies with the gay community"

Thats BULL SHIT gays all over came together to voet it in how can you say that they didn't rally together!

The gays were too busy not caring. Not sure where you live but I didn't see a massive outburst here. I didn't. You think that's bullshit.... ok. Where in Los Angeles do you live? Did they shut down streets in protest? Did they do anything, really? Prop 8 passed because the gays didn't stand up and fight it. That's how I saw it. Had they stood up and demanded their right it would have not passed. Simple as that.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#120133 2 years, 5 months ago
www.queerty.com/theres-no-repealing-prop...importance-20090818/

Also- read this blurb from a wiki re: FALLOUT (ie not before, but AFTER):
Following the passage of Proposition 8, mass protests took place across the state. These included protests outside a temple of the LDS Church in Westwood, Los Angeles;[162] a march through Hollywood that blocked traffic and elicited police intervention;[163] and a candlelight vigil in front of the Sacramento Gay and Lesbian Center.[164] In San Francisco, thousands gathered in front of the City Hall to protest the proposition and to perform a candlelit vigil. Speakers who voiced their opinion in opposition of Proposition 8 included state senator Mark Leno and mayor Gavin Newsom.[165]

These protests led to several lawsuits being filed in the State Supreme Court and the Federal District Court. On November 13, 2008, the California Supreme Court asked California Attorney General Jerry Brown for an opinion on whether the Court should accept these cases for review and whether the measure should be suspended while they decide the case. On November 19, the Court accepted three lawsuits challenging Proposition 8, which consolidated into Strauss v. Horton.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proposition_8
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds