• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Wiggsdannyboy
Junior Boarder

Re: Going on tour for the first time

#120037 2 years, 8 months ago
above all, take all advice from all the people who will be waiting to tell you the "right" way to go on tour with a grain of salt (except maybe the practical and safety advice).
make the tour your own and you'll have a great experience, try to make your tour like you always pictured it or always had it described to you and you'll always be chasing something you won't find.
be kind to the elders (and everyone else) but also remember that most of them got into the scene b/c they were rejecting their elders. after the music this whole scene is about having fun, living an alternate lifestyle, and generally living life fully- so if you're young don't trade in the conformity of home for the conformity of the tour. hippies can be some of the most judgmental people out there, so don't fall into the trap of trying to keep up with the anti-Joneses.
plan ahead, do your own thing, and enjoy the music- that's all you'll need to do to have a great tour but it's also the best way to meet good people.
"Euphoria is having no idea who you are and not caring, ectasy is knowing exactly who you are... and still not caring." -Tom Robbins

"Don't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea"
Uncle Ron
skyties
Junior Boarder

#120102 2 years, 8 months ago
All of the above are important to remember also watch each card you play, and play them slow and don't cha let that deal go down. No no.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#120107 2 years, 8 months ago
don't drive around with blow up dolls in your backseat, it only promotes sexual deviancy and for gosh sakes, don't wear leather pants with the ass cut out of em, that's just creepy and besides that's so cliche now.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#120121 2 years, 8 months ago
Don't have any stickers on the car...especially if you are carrying anything.
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#120127 2 years, 8 months ago
Great advice from everyone. I would just say do not drink and drive,one DUI can not just ruin the tour but your life. Have fun
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#120130 2 years, 8 months ago
One of the things you learn from years of dealing with drug people, is that you can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug. Especially when it's waving a razor-sharp hunting knife in your eye.

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. A normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you are about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180 degree turn at speed, but you will be ready for it. Brace for the g's, and fast heel-toe work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Strider1, DancingTurtle
Gr8fullBear
Junior Boarder

#120167 2 years, 8 months ago
Given that you may find yourself running from the law you will want to be able to remove the fuse for your brake lights while driving at high speed. This way when you are sneeking down a side road in the dark with your lights out you can still use your brakes without the popo seeing your brake lights.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#120539 2 years, 8 months ago
if you can afford it get triple a for your car they will come anywhere give ya gas fix a flat tow ya jump start a car cause ya played the radio all day in the lot without turning on the engine. credit card is great for emergincies again if you can afford it.try to bring a group of good friends with ya its always great to have company and back up just in case,besides you can pool your resources and spend less .eat cheap but healthy bananas ,PB&J a case of water at the store is 4 bucks as opposed to a buck a pop.always have a full tank at night if your tired pull over at a rest stop dont keep driving.since its summer plan on camping do some planning find out where campgrounds are near each stop ,way cheaper than motels and way more fun ,HAVE A GOOD TIME
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds