• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

Re: Going on tour for the first time

#119885 2 years, 7 months ago
pick up hitchhikers. its good karma, and shit.
Use your gut though, if they guy looks like manson you know drive on, oh, and know htat often girls hide their dog/b-friend. etc in a bush so when you fpull over for a ladie, xpect like 4 dudes and 2 dogs to come out of the bush.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
stealmyface
Junior Boarder

#119894 2 years, 7 months ago
If l drive after a show l will change out of my tour t-shirt. No need to look guilty. And no more than 5 mph over speed limit.
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#119930 2 years, 7 months ago
Prankster Road Story...
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by DigiGal.
DancingTurtle
Platinum Boarder

#119948 2 years, 7 months ago
Share the driving with someone so you don't get to tried and get well rested before you drive to the next show.
Make sure your vechicle is ready for the trip have a mechanic look at it before you set off.
Bring alot of money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you fall asleep at the wheel
take my advice you'll be better off dead.
For the switchman will be sleeping and train hundred and two will be
on the wrong track and headed for you.
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by DancingTurtle.
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#119950 2 years, 7 months ago
Make food, bring coolers, do something to enhance the lot scene, please. Not only will your experience be enhanced, so will the lot. Not to mention gas money, connections, and good old service.
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#119995 2 years, 7 months ago
1) Do not invite trouble

2) Be kind, show love to your neighbor and do not litter

3) Sleep whenever you can!!!!

4) Do not carry if at all possible

5) Bathe

6) Do not get hung up on the shakedown scene. Go for the music and intensely listen for nuggets that may only pop out to your ears. Try to find the hidden gem in every show you attend.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
pmcall1
Fresh Boarder

#120007 2 years, 7 months ago
DancingTurtle wrote:
Share the driving with someone so you don't get to tried and get well rested before you drive to the next show.
Make sure your vechicle is ready for the trip have a mechanic look at it before you set off.
Bring alot of money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 on all the advice already given.

If you can , setup a reasonable budget for yourself - and stick to it.

Since gas is essential, figure out about how much gas money you are going to need, and put it in a bank account w/debit card access. Only use that card for gas.

In the past we have allocated $50 a day as our budget (total for 2 people) . The day before the trip - we go to the bank and get the same number of 50's as days we are going to be gone. At the beginning of each day - we pull a 50 out - and try to leave the rest of the money alone for the day. If you have fewer 50's than days left - slow down. If you have more 50's than days left - you can treat yourself to something.

feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.
Wiggsdannyboy
Junior Boarder

#120016 2 years, 7 months ago
Don't smoke in your car while you're traveling! (unless you smoke those vile cigarette things). several of my friends have gotten in a lot of trouble this way. wait till you get to a safe stopping place or do what i do...bring a lot of edibles:)
"Euphoria is having no idea who you are and not caring, ectasy is knowing exactly who you are... and still not caring." -Tom Robbins

"Don't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea"
Uncle Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#120024 2 years, 7 months ago
Wiggsdannyboy wrote:
Don't smoke in your car while you're traveling! (unless you smoke those vile cigarette things). several of my friends have gotten in a lot of trouble this way. wait till you get to a safe stopping place or do what i do...bring a lot of edibles:)

Smoking (anything illegal) while you drive is very foolish. Theres always the person who says "my driving is good, I do it all the time and never have a problem" but really you never know what you might get pulled over for, it might not have anything to do with your driving (lights out, stuff like that - and even if you check before hand your lights can fail on you when your driving). Theres so many possible instances that would be completley out of your control that could happen on the road, like an accident that's not your fault or a random DUI check where you would have to come into immediate contact with law enforcement.. It is a very bad idea to have your vehicle smelling like pot while your driving.

I suggest stashing your stuff in a very good hiding spot (maybe under the hood somewhere, wheel well, ect.) and justy go without until you get to your destination. Even rest stops and stuff like that I still leave everything stashed away. This way if you ever get pulled over and a cop asks to search your car.... instead of saying "no" which pretty much guarentees your hiding something and they get the dogs out there..... instead of that happening you can tell the officer, (with no worries since you know he'll never find your stash without a dog) "yea sure no problem, go ahead" ..... in most scenarios if you don't look nervous and don't say "no you can't search" then they'll do a quick basic search and let you on your way if you don't look to suspicious. You are taking the chance when you give permission but if you say no your pretty much just telling them to get the dogs which will give them propable cause...... just make sure your confident in your stash spot so it dosn't get you worried and make you look nervous.

---it's important not to hesitate at all when you say they can search, if you go that route
Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by MushroomMan.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#120025 2 years, 7 months ago
^^^ All good advice above aside from picking up hitchhikers ~lol

Fresh Tires and a dilegent budget before and during any vacation. You can Agument by selling waters or anything for that matter on the lot.

Most importantly "Listen to the Music Play"
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iriecycle
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds