• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Awesome TED Talks

#119792 2 years, 7 months ago
I'm sure that everybody has heard of TED talks before but if anyone is looking for twenty minute lectures that can truly teach something about the world we live in and where popular thinking is in scientific fields check any of the videos on their channel out. Informative and revealing these are the ones I've checked out today. The one on algorithms in our world is great!

The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Awesome TED Talks

#119797 2 years, 7 months ago
TED lectures are great, thanks! And as long as you're posting them, here's another one. Though this is technically the same talk at the IdeaCity conference, since I can't find the video of the TED session (where both Bill Gates and Al Gore in attendance). By way of full disclosure, the lecturer in this one is also happens to be my dear friend, as well as the top international illusionist.

Magic and The Mind

Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by SunshineSue.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#119837 2 years, 7 months ago
never heard of these before but that mushroom one is quite interesting. I knew how resistent mycelium is to bacteria but I didn't know all our best antibiotics come from fungi - makes damn good sense though.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#119876 2 years, 7 months ago
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#119954 2 years, 7 months ago
had to watch one in my poetry class last week about the creative process, it was by the lady who wrote eat, pray, love

pretty interesting video and series of talks
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#119991 2 years, 7 months ago
I love TED talks! Thanks for the posts
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds