• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
stuck at the station
Junior Boarder

best morning dew?

#119634 2 years, 8 months ago
i was listening to the NYE morning dew and was wondering if it was the best version Furthur has done. any opinions?

NYE was an awesome one
Monterey, was good, but not great
Shoreline was great, but not awesome

get back at me
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: best morning dew?

#119649 2 years, 8 months ago
i've seen quite a few. right now is not the time to do this though. give me a couple days and i will get back to this thread.

NYE was good but definitely not the greatest. it didn't have the buildup and climax that makes me weak in the knees. the placement in setlist was killer though.

where have all the people gone?
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by wlewis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iraqistatefair
MongoJosh
Junior Boarder

#119663 2 years, 8 months ago
Atlantic City 2011 was the diggity!
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#119665 2 years, 8 months ago
Shoreline blew my freakin brains out, it's been my personnel favorite for a while now and i've been looking for others with an open mind but nothing has compared to it as of yet (Post Dead). That was officially the first and only time I have ever broke down and cried like a baby form the raw beauty and emotion that only music can bring out. Im gonna check out Atlantic City right now
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#119672 2 years, 8 months ago
out of the ones ive been able to catch, im partial to the version from outside lands in SF, 7/14/10

some of the more recent versions have JK more out front on the final monster jam, and some people like that sound but ive grown to like furthurs approach to replacing the lead guitars place in building the intensity by doing it with interplay from the whole band
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#119674 2 years, 8 months ago
of the ones I've seen 3/27/11 - night 3 at Radio City stands out, I'll have to listen to Atlantic City again though. I was pretty far back and on some noisy bleachers at A/C so that could of effected it not standing out as much to me as others....
stuck at the station
Junior Boarder

#119679 2 years, 8 months ago
NYE was good but definitely not the greatest. it didn't have the buildup and climax that makes me weak in the knees. the placement in setlist was killer though.

the placement in the setlist was awesome. i was on another planet at the time and when they played the first chord...WTF oh my god fuck yeah!
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#119683 2 years, 8 months ago
DL1943 wrote:
out of the ones ive been able to catch, im partial to the version from outside lands in SF, 7/14/10

some of the more recent versions have JK more out front on the final monster jam, and some people like that sound but ive grown to like furthurs approach to replacing the lead guitars place in building the intensity by doing it with interplay from the whole band

i wish i could hit the stage man i got so much more to give on vocal than that. Seriously, its dry and theres so much space and gaps with nothing filling such a wonderful and meaningful song. Its like going to a Hannukah party with potato latkas but theres no apple sauce. This version doesnt make me tear up or "weak at the knees" as lewis says....as the song is meant to Dew. !!!
Ok me singing, yeah sure thats like waiting on a miracle and i dont know any women twice my weight, or any godesses of the night, i do have an old raven dress in my closet, but if Sunshine were to sing this tune or even Phil, it would be ten times better. JK sounds like an old crititiy man with his frail voice that has absolutely NO bass in it at all. But i guess it doesnt matter anyway. Not !! it does matter.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#119685 2 years, 8 months ago
John belted this one out opening night at the Orpheum last year

Chester
More or less in line

#119731 2 years, 8 months ago
MongoJosh wrote:
Atlantic City 2011 was the diggity!

That was real nice. www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-11-1...300.banaszewski.flac
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds