• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: It's Super Bowl Sunday!!

#119614 2 years, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Bilbo wrote:
Wow! Do you guys realiize that you've been carrying on an amazing (almost) play by play dialog? You should be announcers!!!

That's my dream job!!

Now, how long until August??

I'm not looking forward to August. The Eagles made almost no administrative changes.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#119617 2 years, 8 months ago
Equinox wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
Bilbo wrote:
Wow! Do you guys realiize that you've been carrying on an amazing (almost) play by play dialog? You should be announcers!!!

That's my dream job!!

Now, how long until August??

I'm not looking forward to August. The Eagles made almost no administrative changes.

But you really do have some talent on that team, so you can hope. I like being able to hope for the Lions to do well next season, and have it actually be a realistic dream!
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#119622 2 years, 8 months ago
Sue, we've had talent on the team year after year. But there's always some weakness THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED IN THE OFFSEASON BUT WASN'T that undermines the season.

I'll put it another way: I've had season tickets for 25 years. In that time the Giants have made -- what? -- four SB appearances with three championships. We've been to the big game once and lost because Andy Reid couldn't manage the clock properly. If we'd had a real defensive coordinator, this might very well have been us in the winner's circle. I'll be at the games again this year but it's hard to get really psyched.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#119625 2 years, 8 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Sue, we've had talent on the team year after year. But there's always some weakness THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED IN THE OFFSEASON BUT WASN'T that undermines the season.

I'll put it another way: I've had season tickets for 25 years. In that time the Giants have made -- what? -- four SB appearances with three championships. We've been to the big game once and lost because Andy Reid couldn't manage the clock properly. If we'd had a real defensive coordinator, this might very well have been us in the winner's circle. I'll be at the games again this year but it's hard to get really psyched.

That's worth a few bangs of the head on a brick wall, I give you that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Equinox
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#119713 2 years, 8 months ago
haters take that .The giants win the superbowl .tickertape time
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#119754 2 years, 8 months ago
if any of you caught Madonna (I thought she was good) they fuzzed the stage at one point. It seems something got past the censures, and the NFL and ABC have already apologized.

Here's a hint of what went down (and what made it over the airwaves). The game within the game

mia-300.jpg

And on the topic of questions, you think any of you could have answered this jeopardy question?

jepordy.jpg
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#119799 2 years, 8 months ago
And if you missed the game, here's the quick version, in Chinese

!
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#119811 2 years, 8 months ago
Was that really a Jeopardy question?
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#119815 2 years, 8 months ago
Equinox wrote:
Was that really a Jeopardy question?

I think it really was. As was this one; apparently someone on the writing staff likes Phish!

Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#119830 2 years, 8 months ago
I think Phish has made a lot of inroads into the mainstream media. As far back as the 90s the Weather Channel used to use some of their jams as background music.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds