• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Lynx
Visitor

Re: People who didn't see Jerry appreciation thread

#12229 3 years, 3 months ago
I jealous Abba. You've got SO much good material to become acquainted with!
Abba
Gold Boarder
I missed Jerry!

#12246 3 years, 3 months ago
Lynx wrote:
I jealous Abba. You've got SO much good material to become acquainted with!

No shit right.... I have the annotated lyrics book(my Bible) and download tons of shows off archive, download to cd and jam until I meet someone who needs some good old dead... Imagine how I felt when I made a wishlist and put Days between on there because I never heard it...then they bust it out at Wallingford... my reunion show. I sent JK a message before that show and asked for Return to Terrapin(Totally unreasonably request) because it was my reunion show ect and the boys bust out Days between...a cycle song..my mind blown of course
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
Think for yourself, Escape the gene pools
Chester
More or less in line

#12251 3 years, 3 months ago
Jerry was one of the main influences in my "Long Strange Trip". I greatly appreciate his life and music.
And those all too brief moments we shared. Thank's Jerry. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Deadhead4Obama
Junior Boarder

#12349 3 years, 3 months ago
I love threads like this. I totally agree with the statement of it is more important to HEAR Jery than SEE Jerry live. I've listened to the GD catalog. I have favorite eras and shows. I am a total and complete Deadhead. I wear the tattoo on my leg with PRIDE! I am not here for the 'scene' or the 'party'. I am here for the MUSIC.

And, with that said... I liek the hippie crack. But nitrous is very dangerous, and I totally understand everyones gripe with it. Too many people abuse to and make it a negitive part of the scene. if everyone was just responsible, it owuld be a big deal.

But, if everyone was responsible, we wouldnt ahve a lot of the rules we do have.
Wind_Spirit
Junior Boarder

#12363 3 years, 3 months ago
Thankyou, some seem to critisize those of us who haven't seen jerry with various motives of why, my best friend who my family introduced to gatherings and drum circles acctually introduced me to the music, I grew up around it and didn't show an interest until he brought it around and now im hooked, I work at a place called terrapyn gifts, i just started reading phils book at work and im okay with not having seen jerry I hear him, watch videos, i was only 4 when he passed and my parents aren't heads, though my dads a hippie but favors the same substance as jerry so when I look back and watch him almost makes me sad. I acctually gave up drinking when I started enjoying the music over the party and the love seems even greater when your not a slopped up still haven't even had my first show yet...got to be outside one though and hopefully this summer get to see them, cuz i quickly fell in love with bobby and idc how old he is i want to stand there in awe like im sure some of you did back in the day
I'm going away, I'm leaving today
I'm going but I ain't coming back
Lynx
Visitor

#12364 3 years, 3 months ago
Why an outside one Wind_Spirit?
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by .
Wind_Spirit
Junior Boarder

#12368 3 years, 3 months ago
my boss (who owns a store called terrapyn but isn't a dead head?? ) wanted to go vend at binghampton, so i volunteered hoping to score a ticket or at least ticket money...didn't get there until show time, missed the whole shake, it was a very stressful day.... and I wondered around most of the show, checked out the venue but nothing....soo hung out in the parking lot with the other vendors until show let out...had a good end of the night, old an new friends and family, the vibe was awsome just wish i got to see the show, but suppose to be getting tickets to bethel on tuesday, don't get paid until monday... soo hopefully it works out I love bethel and thats where i was introduced to the whole scene at 4 years old for the 25th woodstock reunion, which was held on those beautiful fields until the idea of an ampatheatre came about then the hippies got booted up the street to yasgurs where since 99 ive been going every year for the "unnplanned, unnannouced reunions" and it bacame my home...soo bethel will be a very special first show for me
I'm going away, I'm leaving today
I'm going but I ain't coming back
Ima
Fresh Boarder

#12400 3 years, 3 months ago
Yep...

Never saw Jerry with my eyes. But, I have SEEN him through the music and legacy. There really are so many of us. I can't believe it took so long for me but timing is everything! I'd been hanging on the outskirts of the counter culture for 10 yrs as a "crunchy" mom to many littles that just could never seem to force myself to live within mainstream ideals. The music didn't make it's way to me until a few yrs ago... or rather my road was long to get to the music.

I heard about GD in 95 while in Highschool but it wasn't my time. I have never forgotten the twin sisters that invited me to Dead tour in the bathroom at school. We were smokin' cigs in between classes and they came in to sell their mushroom necklaces to finance their journey. They made their clothes,had dreads, didn't shave, loved everything and everyone, were totally crazy wild and Deadicated. There was something they had that intrigued me.

When my time DID come... I couldn't help but recall that experience and share it with others here and there. I always felt as though it had meaning. Sure enough, at a Max Creek show, while standing outside the venue retelling the story to a stranger- one of the sisters walked out the door and stood right in front of me! Since it was 15 yrs later, I had to ask which "one" she was but I cried, jumped up and down, we hugged and I explained. Epic moment. The person I'd been telling was pretty thrown. I'll always credit them with planting the seed of the music in my soul.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#12401 3 years, 3 months ago
Well said, Linx. I love seeing a current influx of young people. It gives me heart. I also like the thought that we can all still hear Jerry. I feel blessed in all respects. Thanks for all the love!
mandala
Junior Boarder
jerry junkie

#12411 3 years, 3 months ago
>>>Hey Jerry would love this band

i wouldn't be so sure; he's on record against pre-scripted setlists for one...

but as an old-timer, i'm also glad to see how many of you totally get it even without having seen jerry. another profound testament to the power of his miracle making!
life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans - j. lennon
Time to create page: 6.64 seconds