• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Lynx
Visitor

People who didn't see Jerry appreciation thread

#11913 3 years, 4 months ago
Thank you! Your genuine love and enthusiasm for the music of the Grateful Dead brings a fresh energy and optimistic vibe to the scene and I, for one, love it. Your appreciation and respect for the music that has meant so much to us older folks makes me smile. Please don't let the negativity and cynicism of some erode your passion for you will be the ones to keep this scene alive far into the future. Thank you for that. I don't care what anyone says, you guys "get it". I've seen so myself.

(I'm sure trolls are climbing over each other to be first out from under the bridge... let 'em. You can't beat youth!)
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

Re: People who didn't see Jerry appreciation thread

#11952 3 years, 4 months ago
I agree with you.

I've hung out at shows with a lot of younger heads who never saw jerry, and totally get it.
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#11954 3 years, 4 months ago
Count me in as one!
skimfrosty
Junior Boarder

#11962 3 years, 4 months ago
Never saw Jerry.........but still blown away.
Support Live Music
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#11964 3 years, 4 months ago
You sound a lot like the guy I sat behind a Radio City a few weeks ago. He thought it was so great when he asked me how old I was and I told him "I'm 21". He was very appreciative and he said that seeing someone like me at the show was grounding for him. It made me feel good. He said the last time he was at Radio City was 1980 for the GD shows there.
Phillyhead
Junior Boarder

#11965 3 years, 4 months ago
Amen
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#11966 3 years, 4 months ago
I've always said it was more important to hear Jerry than see him.
Strummer101er
Junior Boarder

#11967 3 years, 4 months ago
I feel sorry for you guys that didn't. And I still have the technical savy to built a better computer than you have

(sorry, just remembering the old vs. young deadhead thread)
Let fury have the hour. Anger can be power - the clash
Lynx
Visitor

#11971 3 years, 4 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I've always said it was more important to hear Jerry than see him.

^^^I like that.

If I had a time machine there are many musicians I would love to go back in time and see... Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Marley, The Beatles, just to name a few (I could spend all night making a list). Obviously it would be great to see any of these folks live, but I didn't. Does that mean that I don't "get" their music though? HELL NO! I mean, if was a requirement to see a musician live in order to understand and be moved by the musician's talent then no living person would get Chopin or Tchaikovsky. And someday soon the brilliance of John Lennon would be lost to humanity forever. NONSENSE I say. The music created by these artists transcends time. Music is sound after all.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by .
Chadwell
Junior Boarder

#12021 3 years, 4 months ago
Bonafide gnoob here. Jealous you folks got to witness it all, and I appreciate those of you who are so patient and generous to those of us who share an interest with you. There are veteran fans out there of many bands that are absolutely VICIOUS to us younguns just trying to catch a piece.

Thanks again
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds