• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: Who is Cooking What for the Big Game?

#119515 2 years, 5 months ago
Just finished making a batch of **magic** chocolate caramel. Game is gonna get a little hazy
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#119570 2 years, 5 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Little Bear wrote:
Ossumpei wrote:
I definitely am planning on bringing some to Wanee.

There was enough for about 40 people at the Fox, but I have to say I don't remember them all.

I was in the first smaller shakedown right across from the diner. The chili was kind of spicy, and was served with brown rice. My friend and I were serving it.

I hate to admit that I can't seem to remember you from there. Could you help me out and try to refresh my memory.

Absolutely, I was working a tarp of Tie dyes at the End of the lot, I went looking for food, You were the first one I saw, I walked up, Said "How much is it?" "Free" -Sideways look- "We just brought it out to Feed the Hungery folks" Or something like that, "hehhaha,, Well Great thaks man!" "It might be a little spicy-Something else about the ingredients with which it was made-" "Wonderful, I love spicy food" -Starting to walk away- "No please, I would love to hear what you think of it"

It was great!

I Had long red Hair pony tailed, Beat Egypt '78 Pyramid Tie Dye. Ironically wearing a Flat brim Hat. I wasn't talking much, Just got the food and ran Before anyone could charge me for it or take it away!

Really hit the spot, I had a considerable appetite

That was a really nice display. You all moved to let us get out. I like to hear feedback to see what I need to change. I had a total blast at the Fox!

Glad you enjoyed.

Thanks, We had to work to keep the rain off it, But it was a rather good sales day for a rainy one, We try accommodate our neighbors.

Only thing I would do is add a touch more salt, But I am the Salty/Spicy/Sour over Sweet type, And I really liked the Brown rice, I preffer to eat as little White Ultra processed Foods as possible,

Sometimes I cook up a big pot of Brown rice with lots of Vegetables (Carrots Broccoli celery) and Spice's (Curry, Cumin, Lots of Cayenne powder, garlic and onion) When I cook When ever I would normally use salt I use Bouillon cubes, Gives not only salt but adds extra flavor, Tastes Something like Indian Chicken Noodle soup.

I had a Great time aswell!
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#119682 2 years, 5 months ago
It did turn out to be a good day, despite the rain. I even mentioned that to the vendor that was on the sidewalk up there by where you were.

I didn't use any salt in that batch. I watch my blood pressure, so I've been making no salt meals. I have since been using just a little, about a tblsp, in a batch of chili. Very good pallet for you to notice. Maybe I'll bring a salt shaker to Wanee.

Brown rice it is for Wanee, for just the reason you said.

I definitely should make the brown rice better, add some stuff and make it so I like it more. I'm not the biggest fan, but that dish sounds good.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#119689 2 years, 5 months ago
Mmmmmm - Hot Wings > The hotter the better. Little bit of an OD on them though....back at 'em for March Madness!
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by teafortexas.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#119711 2 years, 5 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Just finished making a batch of **magic** chocolate caramel. Game is gonna get a little hazy

Must be nice living in a state where you can do that a lot easier than you can here.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

#119857 2 years, 5 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
It did turn out to be a good day, despite the rain. I even mentioned that to the vendor that was on the sidewalk up there by where you were.

I didn't use any salt in that batch. I watch my blood pressure, so I've been making no salt meals. I have since been using just a little, about a tblsp, in a batch of chili. Very good pallet for you to notice. Maybe I'll bring a salt shaker to Wanee.

Brown rice it is for Wanee, for just the reason you said.

I definitely should make the brown rice better, add some stuff and make it so I like it more. I'm not the biggest fan, but that dish sounds good.

I think thats a wonderful idea, Leave the salt out, And let people add it on to suit their own Tastes.
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds