• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution what do ya think

#11900 3 years, 3 months ago
I have watch this show for the first time on Hulu . The episode where he is in LA . This brings tears to my eyes , the fact there is so little respect for children as to feed them garbage . At the same time I undertand the cost restraints that the school systems are under . Can we not get freash healthy food to our children at a low cost ? I think we can , across this country it may take creativity, if there is the will there is a way ......maybe i am wrong , what do ii know , i have no children, but it just doesnt seem right ! by god !
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

Re: Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution what do ya think

#11903 3 years, 3 months ago
kids need good school lunches .
but, it bothers me more seeing parents feed their kids mcdonalds and other fast food crap
something should be done to control the rising cost of food ( and everything else ! ) it costs too much to feed a family
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorado Greg
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#11910 3 years, 3 months ago
people should send their kids to school with a bag lunch,my mom did it never bought food @ school
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
johnnyhub
Junior Boarder

#11914 3 years, 3 months ago
How could you ever argue against what he is doing?? He's trying to wake us AMERICAN zombies up!

I wish he would come to the Seattle area and expose the food here!

We make our kids lunches every day.. No way in hell we let them eat the shit they serve there. NO WAY!

We (the parents in our kids classes) even come in once a week and cook and serve lunch with the kids. It's a blast.

Go Jamie Oliver, sick a boot up our asses!!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by johnnyhub.
shoelesh
Junior Boarder

#11922 3 years, 3 months ago
it is probably best to send your kids to school with food from home . In my opinion a parent should be right on top of what ones child is eating . Health i think should come first . Perhapes if kids brought lunch from home then there would be less spent on "school lunches" and spend that on education . Though when i was a child in West Virginia the school lunch was the most substantial meal of the day . Even though it is disgusting . With 8 federal food programs for poor people and so many people are still so very unhealthy . Talk about costs , costs to our health , costs to our society by in large . I you love your country, if you love your family , if you love at all then one should want/strive for health and well being
Colorado Greg
Junior Boarder

#11959 3 years, 3 months ago
Love the show, too bad that we continue to subsidize our agriculture industry to grow corn, corn, and more corn. Personally I stopped eating food with corn syrup, probably the biggest cause of obesity in this country. If you really want to see something alarming, watch Deborah Koons Garcia's documentary, The Future of Food
www.snagfilms.com/films/title/the_future_of_food/
Light up or leave me alone!
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds