• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Re: The Flag

#217276 1 year, 9 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
I hope they announce that Montreal run with enough time for me to get a passport

Better get the passport prepared. That dead of winter Canadian tour can be announced any day now.
Actually my passport expired a few weeks ago. I better get that process going before any closer Furthur shows get scheduled.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#217291 1 year, 9 months ago
OMG this is so stupid it's now becoming comical. I can't believe I'm even wasting time with this but I am not going to let this guy talk this garbage about me. I don't have, hold or harbor any grudge towards RR. I dropped the whole thing 2 months ago. 2 months ago dude. I admit I didn't handle myslef the best way the days after those shows but even then it was from disappointment and not any kind of malcontent towards anyone.

Ossumpei - you are so far off base here. It is true I feel the same people have the flag, and it's true, you cannot deny that. The same people always have it, always, wtf is wrong with saying that? If no one else wants it then what can you do? I get it. I just thought it would make sense that the locals would coordinate a meet up and maybe then there could be some diversity in the flag gatherings. Again if no local wants to do that it is understandable and you have to go to plan B. That was not me holding a grudge or being negative as you say, it's not me saying anytime the band comes to Denver I have to have the flag, you said that brother not me. Right?? That was my offer for a solution or an option or a suggestion. You are the one who opened up these old wounds you speak of - you brother, you did. You turned this into RR, ok so back to RR since you seem to be the one who has the hang up over it. You came into the planning late. Remember? 2 months out we all agreed on meeting in the south lot. That changed on that Friday, maybe it was Thursday. Friday was a shitty day I just got back into town late the night before and then boom I had to take my wife to the emergency room. We made it to RR that night a little late but I knew right away when I didn't see the flag in the lower south lot that the meet up got changed. That lot is small so I knew it wasn't there. Ok too late to do anything that night. Again, you are wrong because I talked to a couple people friday and saturday. It was apparent no one was going to be coming down there. I admit I wasn't real happy but I wasn't as you wrongly state sitting in the lot all mad and negative. I've had fun at RR for 30 some years brother, I don't need you to have a fun time, I don't need you for me to enjoy RR, so that's a pretty silly damn thing to say. I knew you all were in the upper lot but I wasn't going to drag my wife who was hurting up there. Sue suggested to me to park up there, but, you know you can't park the rv up there. My wife was feeling like shit and wanted to hang out in the rv. Sorry I wasn't going to just leave her there. I admit I could have communicated better, but at that point I didn't want to start anything and I knew there was no changing the plans by that point so I left it as a simple RR gathering with my wife and daughter. Fine with me. But you know, what started it all was the plans being changed last minute and that little point seems to be ignored. Again, whatever it's old news, no biggie.

The more troubling thing here is that I don't know what your issue with me is. I never did anything to you I never said anything about you. I actually went out of my way to hook you up and was looking forward to meeting you. But here you are calling me names, you have accused me of things that are not true, you say ridiculous things about me like i don't care about anyone so you have brought the negative bullshit here. I'm sorry you are so friggin weird about the damn flag. God if someone says one thing about it you lose your mind. I still don't have a grudge towards you even with your malicious attack on me. I don't understand why you are going out on such a limb to take me down. What's your deal man? So anyways, I apologize to you right here right now if I somehow hurt you somewhere along the line, I'm sorry man. Like I said I don't have a grudge towards you or to RR or to anyone for that matter. I'm sorry you think i have wronged you I really am man.

Thanks to the couple of people who said nice things about me. Furthurflower, nycdave and onegoodhand I really appreciate it. I do have friends here and I care about them and I hope to see them and hang out with them in San Fran, and you Mr. Ossumpei will not ruin that for me.

So to end this silly little soap opera, I implore of you all, I'm on my bended knees, can we PLEASE drop the RR thing? Please. Thank you so much. Good day all (even to you Ossumpei).
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#217296 1 year, 9 months ago
OneGoodHand wrote:
i wasnt going to say anything about this, but i think its now important that i do...

ive known denver man awhile now, he has always been one of the most generous, jovial, and flat out cool people ive known from the FFF. he has been a good friend to both me and my girlfriend, and ive more than enjoyed his company at plenty of shows now. i dont know the specifics here. but this is not a guy who seeks personal vengence, holds grudges, or generally wants to hold onto anything negative at all. i think he is probably getting an unfair shake here as someone who has contributed for a lot longer than a lot of people on here. he is a great dood, and shouldnt be outcast like this. i mean really? lets drop this shit and keep it groovy on here, but if you do check out denver man, i hope we can still kick it at the shows, because this is some bullshit of the highest order...

Hey brother this means a lot to me for you to stand up and say such nice things. I wish you were standing here right now because I'd give you a huge hug. You are a good person and I am blessed to know you. If you are in Denver for Bobby look me up man. I'm trying to drag strangerinboulder and phred down there.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#217312 1 year, 9 months ago
Since were on the topic of the flag, has anyone heard any possible rumors concerning an east coast run in March or April? I remember from all the exciting threads surrounding the Beacon run last year that those tix went on sale before New Years.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#217339 1 year, 9 months ago
Havn't heard any rumors about an east coast spring tour, I but will be happy to make some up. At the last furthur tour plans board meeting, the band is still working out how to hit both the Beacon and Mortrael without traveling too much. Phil keeps bringing up his Salsa dancing lessons. Bob feels that it is not right to include a Salsa dance instructor as part of the Furthur east coast budget. The plans to rent dance practice locations is also meeting some resistance. Phil has also expressed an interest in changing the words of Samba in the Rain to Salsa in the Rain. Not everyone shares his enthusiasm for this project.
At the last Port Chester show, Phil mentioned something about not being back for a while. IMHO, spring is long enough.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#217348 1 year, 9 months ago
they did go on sale before NYE last year.... just like every recent announcement I'm hoping this one takes much longer (not until 2013) since its killing me trying to make this all happen.... but I made the Phil tour happen without getting any tickets right away so it will work out whatever happens.

I dont want to get in on the flag scenario, somehow I feel like all the flag drama started cause of me a few months ago bringing up the more then 1 flag thing but it's all good whatever the case... I really wish I got to meet you at RR DenverMan but im glad its gonna work out now at New Years so soon after.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#217356 1 year, 9 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
OneGoodHand wrote:
i wasnt going to say anything about this, but i think its now important that i do...

ive known denver man awhile now, he has always been one of the most generous, jovial, and flat out cool people ive known from the FFF. he has been a good friend to both me and my girlfriend, and ive more than enjoyed his company at plenty of shows now. i dont know the specifics here. but this is not a guy who seeks personal vengence, holds grudges, or generally wants to hold onto anything negative at all. i think he is probably getting an unfair shake here as someone who has contributed for a lot longer than a lot of people on here. he is a great dood, and shouldnt be outcast like this. i mean really? lets drop this shit and keep it groovy on here, but if you do check out denver man, i hope we can still kick it at the shows, because this is some bullshit of the highest order...

Hey brother this means a lot to me for you to stand up and say such nice things. I wish you were standing here right now because I'd give you a huge hug. You are a good person and I am blessed to know you. If you are in Denver for Bobby look me up man. I'm trying to drag strangerinboulder and phred down there.

I seconed this. I always have appreciated Denver Man. Mark has always been very kind and thoughtful. I dont think hes into holding grudges and vengence either. Just let it go, and lets get on with the show.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#217530 1 year, 9 months ago
I definitely over reacted, and I apologize to the forum for that.

I need to clarify a couple of things though.

If anyone feels that they were treated unfairly, please say so. Don't harbor ill feelings. The intent was fairness to all, and if you look back at this thread it will show that through the whole process, starting at the beginning. Save the disgruntled comments and the unnecessary continued whining about it. In the rare case it may happen that someone gerts slighted, but definitely not intentionally, and we all will try to make it up to that person when we can. Sometimes situations come up that are beyond our collective control so we have to play it by ear.

Secondly, DM did in fact offend me. He recognized that I was not involved in the planning for RR, and said so at the top of this page. When I explained this to him after RR (when it was to late to fix anything and a ridiculous time to start complaining) he called me a liar in a PM. I let it go at the time, hoping it would blow over. When it didn't, and the whining about the same people always having the flag started, I took offense. Many people here have tried to make it as fair as possible and don't deserve to be treated that way. So the guy has a personal issue, the collective of people had the flag, not just one, and he felt like he was unfairly treated. It wasn't our fault what happened to him, plus being only person with only one vote, majority held the gathering at a different place. So sorry, but then the unexplained one line complaints start with no offer for resolution, just whining. So I got pissed and called him out about it. I did over react, I usually don't do that, but after the whole thing at RR and being called a liar I wanted him to air his grievance and get it over with, and I used a method that's not really cool for this forum.

Maybe it worked, maybe not. Hopefully we have all thought about what is fair, and realize that the effort is sharing and being fair to all. That anyone who has a grievance can say so openly and expect some kind of resolution. To continue to hold a grudge is unnecessary and unhealthy, to the individual and the group. To continue to make comments and not look for resolution is unacceptable also. Its your flag as much as anyone else's.

Say what's on your mind, go crazy, talk about it, ask for the flag, vote on it. The democratic process is the model here.

Sorry for being such a smartass.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#217537 1 year, 9 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
I definitely over reacted, and I apologize to the forum for that.

I need to clarify a couple of things though.

If anyone feels that they were treated unfairly, please say so. Don't harbor ill feelings. The intent was fairness to all, and if you look back at this thread it will show that through the whole process, starting at the beginning. Save the disgruntled comments and the unnecessary continued whining about it. In the rare case it may happen that someone gerts slighted, but definitely not intentionally, and we all will try to make it up to that person when we can. Sometimes situations come up that are beyond our collective control so we have to play it by ear.

Secondly, DM did in fact offend me. He recognized that I was not involved in the planning for RR, and said so at the top of this page. When I explained this to him after RR (when it was to late to fix anything and a ridiculous time to start complaining) he called me a liar in a PM. I let it go at the time, hoping it would blow over. When it didn't, and the whining about the same people always having the flag started, I took offense. Many people here have tried to make it as fair as possible and don't deserve to be treated that way. So the guy has a personal issue, the collective of people had the flag, not just one, and he felt like he was unfairly treated. It wasn't our fault what happened to him, plus being only person with only one vote, majority held the gathering at a different place. So sorry, but then the unexplained one line complaints start with no offer for resolution, just whining. So I got pissed and called him out about it. I did over react, I usually don't do that, but after the whole thing at RR and being called a liar I wanted him to air his grievance and get it over with, and I used a method that's not really cool for this forum.

Maybe it worked, maybe not. Hopefully we have all thought about what is fair, and realize that the effort is sharing and being fair to all. That anyone who has a grievance can say so openly and expect some kind of resolution. To continue to hold a grudge is unnecessary and unhealthy, to the individual and the group. To continue to make comments and not look for resolution is unacceptable also. Its your flag as much as anyone else's.

Say what's on your mind, go crazy, talk about it, ask for the flag, vote on it. The democratic process is the model here.

Sorry for being such a smartass.

You are smoking serious crack. I didn't call you a liar in any PM but now I am. Why did you make that up? Huh? If anything you attacked me in the PMs. What are you calling me out on? What did I do? I never said anyone treated me unfairly and how am I treating people unfairly? Huh? Do you really want me to cut and paste the PMs right here? I think you would be pretty damn embarrassed if I did. Explain your issue with me in fucking english. Why are you doing this? Seriously man this is such bullshit. Stop making crap up, you sound like my 8 year old. Be a man and tell me what your problem is or shut the fuck up.

You keep going on and on about bringing up issues bringing up grievences and I did - I said the same people always have the flag and you lost your mind. I was looking for resolution I was a giving a suggestion. I don't understand what you are doing here. Does that mean anyone should bring up grievences except for me?

You should open your eyes and see that you are really making yourself look bad. I apologized to you when I ddin't have to I am or I should say was ready to bury the hatchet in fact I buried the hatchet 2 months ago but you are the one with the issues dude. YOU are the one holding a grudge. Take a long hard look in the mirror before you go on another rant.

I'm tired of this. I'm tired of being treated like an asshole and I am very sorry fortrying to do coordinate a meet up at RR or anywhere for that matter. I'm sorry but I can't stand this anymore.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#217540 1 year, 9 months ago
Okay Guys I have left this alone to take it's natural course, but please take this to a private discussion as it seems that you two have much to talk about.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#217541 1 year, 9 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

(((((FFF)))))

(((((FLAG)))))

(((((PEACE AND LOVE)))))

She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#217543 1 year, 9 months ago
You got it all wrong Eco. I talked about it, I apologized, I meant it, I tried being civil and now I am done. There's only one person being negative here. Please stop piling shit on me please.
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds