• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Molly Leigh
Senior Boarder
I'm goin' go for it for sure

Re: The Flag

#283190 11 months, 3 weeks ago
I sure hope it makes its way to RR 'cause I would like to meet you all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChefArugula
ChefArugula
Expert Boarder
The Turtle abides....

#283200 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Yet another epic episode of the serial saga 'As the FFFlag Flaps'....
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#283224 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Rumor has it that Little Bear has the flag and is taking it to Red Rocks, where it will be searching for DenverMan's flagpole to climb and wave wide and high to all.
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, nycdave, SunshineSue, ChefArugula
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#283227 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Molly Leigh wrote:
I sure hope it makes its way to RR 'cause I would like to meet you all.

See, here's a perfect example of why the flag is NOT in any way obsolete! There are still a whole lot of folks around here who haven't met in person and would like to get together.
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by SunshineSue.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#283237 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Obsolete may have been a bad word choice. Less used may have been better.

There's hardly any pictures anymore. People hand it off to each other and don't post it on the forum. Someone always has it but nobody knows who.

I can't remember the last time it was hung up at a show so newer people could see it, or it was posted so people could try to find it at a show.

The involvement with the project has dwindled and it seems so because so many folks from the forum already know each other.

It's really to bad. Using the flag as a way to find people, and the outrageous fun we've all had with each other has made it one of the coolest things I've ever done. And I don't even go to many shows!

So I guess what I'm saying is lets get back to sharing the info and let folks know what's happening.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#283239 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Rumors of flags searching for poles, bears looking for Denver plus the reintroduction of the wave. I Luv this forum. Now if we can just figure out what the three F's stand for & what order these F's should go in it would all b cool in the car pool.
Gonna snap like a rippling banner
Sailing sheets to the breeze over
Cloudy oceans to the moon
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#283240 11 months, 3 weeks ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Obsolete may have been a bad word choice. Less used may have been better.

There's hardly any pictures anymore. People hand it off to each other and don't post it on the forum. Someone always has it but nobody knows who.

I can't remember the last time it was hung up at a show so newer people could see it, or it was posted so people could try to find it at a show.

The involvement with the project has dwindled and it seems so because so many folks from the forum already know each other.

It's really to bad. Using the flag as a way to find people, and the outrageous fun we've all had with each other has made it one of the coolest things I've ever done. And I don't even go to many shows!

So I guess what I'm saying is lets get back to sharing the info and let folks know what's happening.

I agree, it would be nice to have it up as a gathering point again, like it was originally intended. So I'm hoping it will indeed wave wide and high again at Red Rocks, and I'm happy to do anything I can to help make that happen!!
Last Edit: 11 months, 3 weeks ago by SunshineSue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#283245 11 months, 3 weeks ago
It was up at Broomfield, though I don't believe I was ever pictured with it.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#284134 11 months, 2 weeks ago
The FFF flag yesterday was and again today will be flying in the lower south lot at Denverman's RV.

Come join the fun!
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder

#284147 11 months, 2 weeks ago
Strider1 wrote:
The FFF flag yesterday was and again today will be flying in the lower south lot at Denverman's RV.

Come join the fun!

Hoping to see you all down there today at some point!
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds