Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: The Flag

#217089 1 year, 8 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:
you've got to hug if you want your pudding, how can you have any pudding if you don't hug?

Wow, I just read some of the drama that has ensued. I'm really surprised Denver Man extended his hand in local hospitality and y'all didn't take him up on it? Am I getting this right?

Just drop it. It was way more complicated than that. It's no one's fault. I'm the big asshole and don't desreve anyone's friendship here so go ahead pile it on and kick me when I'm down. I'm pretty down right down so Denver Man signing off.

Hey man, I 've always thought you a pretty righteous dude. No harm intended, none taken I hope. If I had offered my place to those visiting and they chose not to accept I'd be a bit disappointed. But I guess it's not as simple as that. Please don't be so hard on yourself.

Hey brother thanks. Take care man.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217091 1 year, 8 months ago
I think there's a solution to this flag madness.

There should be a flag for the hosting city and one for the visitors. The visitors can dress up like native Americans and the host citys people can be dressed like Cowboys. The goal is for the visitors to try and take the host city's flag. When they meet up and the "battle" begins, make a truce and smoke the peace pipe!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#217114 1 year, 8 months ago
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

There should be a flag for the hosting city and one for the visitors. The visitors can dress up like native Americans and the host citys people can be dressed like Cowboys. The goal is for the visitors to try and take the host city's flag. When they meet up and the "battle" begins, make a truce and smoke the peace pipe!

I don't think that would work for me, since WHEN Furthur has their 3 (or 5 ) night run in Montreal, I will be grately (and gratefully) outnumbered.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#217119 1 year, 8 months ago
I hope they announce that Montreal run with enough time for me to get a passport
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#217120 1 year, 8 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
AcidTestGraduate wrote:

I don't think that would work for me, since WHEN Furthur has their 3 (or 5 ) night run in Montreal, I will be grately (and gratefully) outnumbered.

It doesn't matter if you're outnumbered. There's nothing to worry about, once they're upon you you immediately have a truce and smoke the peace pipe.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#217123 1 year, 8 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:

(((((FFF)))))

(((((FLAG)))))

(((((PEACE AND LOVE)))))
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, alilfurther, nycdave, Strider1
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#217167 1 year, 8 months ago
Denver Man, we have no outcasts in our merry little band of pirates. Bill I like u also. You have made every effort to contribute to our forum gatherings in a way positive way. I understand that folks (even Furthur luving folks) may sometimes have dust ups, disagreements even. There is a cool line in a Bonnie Raitt song which is; we can't forget about the past, but we can leave it behind. Sounds like a good idea, no? Even if u 2 don't like each other, u should make peace, cause other wise u will miss out on the best brownies ever. IMHO, it's time to drop this issue, clean the slate and go back to having fun and enjoying each others company.
At work I deal with a lot of sensitive people who always feel like some other person is treating them in a disrespectful fashion. The standard line to these people is that you don't have to like each other, you just have to be able to work together. For all of us in the FFF tent, we can do better than that. We can try to see a little furthur. Did I mention how good the brownies taste?

Next topic; this show in Canada. Perhaps in late spring, summer or early fall. It snowed on the day of the first Phil and Friends show at Wellmont Theater. There were a lot less people there because of the inclement weather, which made for a relaxed place with lots of extra dancing room. Though if it's cold outside, snuggling up and sharing body warmth is a good way to get closer to women, uh I mean create much needed heat. For medicinal purposes only, not to contribute to lust or desire; honest. This approach may need a little fine tuning b4 the Montreal show. Fortunately I have some time to work on this. The Grateful Dead played in Alaska, so I should be able to handle Montreal.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by nycdave. Reason: Spelling issues
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
OneGoodHand
Junior Boarder

#217192 1 year, 8 months ago
i wasnt going to say anything about this, but i think its now important that i do...

ive known denver man awhile now, he has always been one of the most generous, jovial, and flat out cool people ive known from the FFF. he has been a good friend to both me and my girlfriend, and ive more than enjoyed his company at plenty of shows now. i dont know the specifics here. but this is not a guy who seeks personal vengence, holds grudges, or generally wants to hold onto anything negative at all. i think he is probably getting an unfair shake here as someone who has contributed for a lot longer than a lot of people on here. he is a great dood, and shouldnt be outcast like this. i mean really? lets drop this shit and keep it groovy on here, but if you do check out denver man, i hope we can still kick it at the shows, because this is some bullshit of the highest order...
...and Im in no hurry, no no no, i know where to go
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#217244 1 year, 8 months ago
Lets not to get to bummed when people speak passionately about subjects that are important to them. That's the way life goes and that's also how change happens. If it upsets you so much maybe you could find some other pastime while people try to sort out their differences. Go watch cartoons or stick your head in the sand or something.

It has become apparent that DM has some issues about who carry's the flag. Apparent because he has said on more than one occasion the "the same people always have the flag" Another comment has been that "only local people should have the flag" Both of these statements indicate his unhappiness about his chance to have it. I can appreciate his opinion on this matter. However, instead of trying to work it out and come to a harmonious conclusion with all, he makes simple comments that bring undue negativity into the forum, but won't continue his communication in order to work them out. The lack of communication is the root of the problem. If you have an issue you need to be able to give some examples, offer some suggestions, ask for help in resolving it, you know, work it out. Making one sentence negative comments and them hiding from the issue accomplishes nothing more than creating ongoing negativity, and shows yourself as unwilling to resolve your problem. Just like at RR, where some personal issue arose, and there was no words about it until after the shows and he started complaining about what happened. Nothing. Then a couple of months later the whining about the same people always having the flag starts, and no further explanations as to why he feels this way or how to fix it. Just the whining about it. That's no way to fix it, you have to air it out, you know, get really crazy, talk about it and everything. Try to fix it. Continued one line complaints don't do anything but continue the unnecessary negativity. It just doesn't work. Someone has to bring the issue to light and try to make it better. Not to outcast anyone, (give yourself a minute to figure this out) but to bring us closer and resolve any issues anyone might have. You have to get to the root of the problem, you have to hash it out, you have to try to find a way to fix it. It's not always happy happy love joy, but sometimes that's what it takes.

The whole goal and the way the project was designed was so that we all could share the flag. Everyone equally with equal shares and chance to have it. When someone feels that they have not been treated fairly they need to be able to speak up about it, even if it takes more than one sentence comments. Its your flag as much as anyone esle's but if you're unable to communicate your feelings or unwilling to work out any issues then you're going to have to run around feeling mistreated. But please keep that to yourself. Nobody wants to hear your continued half spoken issues and childish complaints. Thats bullshit pure and simple, and that's why I brought this subject into the light. In essence, speak your mind or please shut up.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by Ossumpei.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#217256 1 year, 8 months ago
I completely agree that it's all about communication, as both DM and Ossumpei have said on this subject at one time or another. Ideally, constructive communication that resolves issue and is respectful of everyone's feelings. If you want the flag, speak up clearly and loudly. If you want to organize a gathering, go for it, just keep everyone in the loop using the board and every other means of communication at your disposal. If you have a problem with a person or process, bring it up kindly, work it out and then drop it. Whether it's a marriage or a friendship or a group, it's never particularly helpful to bring up old problems that can't be undone, unless it's to prevent them from happening again and not just to reopen old wounds. I think this group gets better and better at communicating and coordinating with every show. Let's keep it up, FFF, we've got a good thing going here!

Mark, you're only an outcast if you choose to make yourself one, and I really, really hope you don't do that. I love having you around here, and don't want you to go. It's so easy to carry around hurt and grudges (I'm extremely good at that myself unfortunately), but it's not very productive. So polish up that flag pole, slap on a couple more stickers and let's drag that baby out for a Broomfield run TOGETHER!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei, nycdave, Strider1
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds