• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: The Flag

#216904 1 year, 7 months ago
I like your idea DM. Hosting city should host the flag! Any takers? Ryan? Trent? Burt? I know Tim will take it!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, RowTimmy
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#216917 1 year, 7 months ago
I, like everyone, had the right to ask for the flag, so I did.

We voted, and it came here.

There wasn't any crying involved.

So kiss my ass.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
nycdave
Platinum Boarder

#216930 1 year, 7 months ago
I thought the purpose of the flag was to help each other find other members of our FFF tribe. To help people find like minded folks who share a common bond. So how did we get from there to now fighting about who gets to hold and carry the flag. Time for a Robert Hunter quote here: "What fatal flowers of darkness bloom from seeds of light."
I had my doubts about this whole flag thing, when it first started. Then I met people who were careing and luving party people who knew how to have fun and be respectful of each other. So many nice people showed up at Red Rocks and hung together. The vibe was so positive. Uh, what happened to that. Not to cause any more controversy, however... Perhaps we should have 4 or 5 flags, each with it's own identifying number. FFF 1 thru 5. I would think that at the end of the day, each flag would find the other flag. Uh then we could all hang together and not have issues with who carries the damn flag. A positive approach and an understanding that we all have differences might help. If that doesn't work, we could end up playing a mean game of tackle flag football.
OneGoodHand
Junior Boarder

#216940 1 year, 7 months ago
yeah. right on with nycdave. the flag, as i understand it, is a beacon of good times and brother(sister)hood, and it shines as bright as the sun everytime ive ever seen it. it represents what we all love and why we go through so many dollars and miles and ups and downs to see this music time and time again. if it becomes material instead of spiritual, then we have all lost the plot. lets keep that in mind as we move forward.

past injustices do not warrant further negativity, there has to be a gandhi moment in there somewhere, or as he says, the whole world will be blind. thats not what we want. forgive, forget, spark up, and dance like children. come on
...and Im in no hurry, no no no, i know where to go
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#216943 1 year, 7 months ago
10' pole
The voices tell me what to say
spring mountain high
Senior Boarder

#216951 1 year, 7 months ago
funky420 wrote:
10' pole

can't touch me
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#216952 1 year, 7 months ago
spring mountain high wrote:
funky420 wrote:
10' pole

can't touch me

Lol I love the love bug
The voices tell me what to say
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#216958 1 year, 7 months ago
shit I thought I had a bug on the screen
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420, spring mountain high
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#217009 1 year, 7 months ago
I'll explain why I feel the way I do.

In Red Rocks, for whatever reason, Denver Man decided not to interact with the rest of us. It was his home town, he knew the venue and the lots, knew where the flag was because it was posted daily, and knew very well how to find it, and the rest of the forum there. He didn't contact anyone or let us know where he was, or raise any other issue until Monday, when the shows were over and we were on the way home. Then he starts with his complaining that he didn't have the party at his mobile home or whatever, and that the rest of us were somehow at fault. It seemed that his wife was hurt and I thought he missed the shows because of that. I felt sorry for his situation and at the time wished he had made it. Come to find out he was sitting on the lot being mad that nobody came to see him at his trailer. The time to fix that was when it was happening, like Saturday or Sunday, when the shows were happening and we all were there. But no, he decides to wait to complain and cause unnecessary negativity on what was otherwise a fantastic time for everybody but him. But I figured, wtf, leave it alone, if he doesn't have the desire to fix it, but does have the desire to complain, then I don't have time to waste on interacting with someone like that, and I left it alone.

So lately his actions have been thinly veiled in the benevolence of all..."I think we should all just let the local folks have the flag". When I see the truth of the matter as being very shallow and self serving. He could care less what other people in other parts of the country do with the flag, or who brings it, or who keeps it. He is just trying to set a precedent that when we go to Denver he is supposed to have the flag regardless of any kind of vote or popular consensus, or whatever anyone else feels about it. We're all supposed to add the miles to our day, including people who may have a hard time making it into RR, let alone any extra walking, just so he can have his party at his trailer.

This is not the actions of someone who is looking out for everybody. And to hide behind that and try to make it sound that way is reprehensible. "I think we all should do it this way", because it serves me, with no concern of how others feel about it or how it affects them. He never mentioned voting on it.

I apologize for my harsh post earlier. I knew it would be offensive, and I used that to make the point.

Please, don't use the flag for your personal situations that are less about everyone and more about yourself. It's everybody's flag and should be shared like so.

If DM had the sense to communicate with the rest of us at RR, I'm sure a few, myself included, would have tried to find him and have a good time with him there. He chose not to do that and was the only one of us who didn't have a great time. The responsibility was on him to do so, not the rest of us. People tried to contact him during the run, but got no answer.

So please, from here on in, save the bullshit. If you want the flag, ask for the flag. Usually you can and will get it sent to your place for your good time. If for some reason there is an issue it it up to you to try to fix it while there is time to fix it. Complaining later and bringing continued undue negativity to the rest of us is unacceptable. And save the phony benevolence, (like when you make believe you're acting in the groups effort but are actually only looking out for yourself) people see right through it and will call you out on it eventually.
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by Ossumpei.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#217011 1 year, 7 months ago
WHEN Furthur plays their 3 ( or 5 ) night Montreal run I will be more than happy to meet up with anyone and everyone and show you guys around. I just don't think I want the responsibility of being the flag bearer.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds