• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

On tour

#11856 3 years, 6 months ago
Hey yall im 17 and had the grate experience of seeiing Furthur both nights in Chicago. and WOW did that really blow my mind, ive also seen WSP Phish Allmans etc Im just curious on how you(tour rats) do it? How do you manage to stay on tour? And what do you do in the off season? I know these are fairly vague questions but im just curious on some things that will help me out after i graduate highschool, Also this thread would be cool if people posted their touring experiences, like most memorable moments or whatever you guys and gals want to mention thanks -DAN
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
Lynx
Visitor

Re: On tour

#11864 3 years, 6 months ago
There are a million ways to "do it". Some beg, some borrow (usually from parents), some steal. Some work hard and save. Others have artistic talent and use that to pedal wares to pay their way. You see going on tour is like a microcosm of life. You have to find your own way, constantly learning new things and adapting as you go. If you choose to try and support yourself while on tour by doing something dangerous (as your screen name implies), illegal or immoral it will probably not turn out all that well for you. Only you can answer your question fully. In the end you have to live with yourself and your conscience. Remember... it's a microcosm.

Sorry to sound like an old fart but....PBBBTH!... sorry had to do that. No seriously, I know it's not what you want to hear but after high school you should have a really fun, really safe summer following a band or bands of your choice and then go to college. Great music isn't going anywhere. Somewhere, right now, in some musty basement there is a kid just learning to play an instrument. And although his or her parents may be upstairs covering their ears at the awful sound now, this kid will grow up and play music that will melt our faces in 20 years. Right now you're young and should be cultivating your own talent. Parental rant over.

Best of luck man! (but you create your own luck)
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by .
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#11895 3 years, 6 months ago
Hey man, really appreciate the feedback and well said. Dont worry im not planning on doing anything dangerous hah and yeah i eventually want tp become a history teacher/philospher probly after a year of two on the road. Thanks - DAN
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#11909 3 years, 6 months ago
best bet get a few friends and a car cash and hit the road
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Lynx
Visitor

#11916 3 years, 6 months ago
DangerousDan wrote:
Hey man, really appreciate the feedback and well said. Dont worry im not planning on doing anything dangerous hah and yeah i eventually want tp become a history teacher/philospher probly after a year of two on the road. Thanks - DAN

You're welcome and I hope you do become a history teacher if that's what you want. Teaching is a very noble profession.
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#11917 3 years, 6 months ago
Find a hole and fill it.Don't be afraid to be uncomfortable,smelly and sometimes mean.the road will do things to you so be careful but it is some of the BEST fun in the WHOLE WORLD.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#11920 3 years, 6 months ago
Strummer101er wrote:
How do you manage to stay on tour? <<

sell drugs, run a lot shakedown racket, wookie ransom, and occasional prostitution.

sex, drugs and rock and roll! that's what its all about lol.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#11936 3 years, 6 months ago
Get all your friends together for a show family
split the gas and food have your tix beforehand a little planning can go a long way
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#12108 3 years, 6 months ago
Do whatever it takes to get to the next show. Just whatever you do please dont turn into another Lot kid that asks for spare change everytime i see him on lot.

I love helping people in need. But when they dont make any effort to "work" and all they want to do it Beg for free hand outs and ask to get high all day and do nothing in return except always asking for more. I dont respect that at all.
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#12129 3 years, 6 months ago
It's the greatest experience in the world but also dangerous. Surround yourself with people you love and trust and stay away from bad drugs and bad people. Save money and do a summer run. Stay at cheap hotels or camp. Sell food, water, beer, shirts or anything else that won't send you to jail (trust me on this one) I left for my first full tour in a shitty honda with 80 dollars and my pocket and got by no problem
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds