• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: "Bathroom" Songs

#118538 2 years, 7 months ago
I remember at Alpine in 02, I was drinking water constantly, but actualy never had to go after the show started, because
it was so hot, and I was sweating profusely, I actually acheived a balance. I was taking in just enough to keep me cool.
And, apparently no extra. Worked perfectly.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
bobnj23
Junior Boarder

#118549 2 years, 7 months ago
I would rather piss myself than miss a Row Jimmy or Lost Sailor! If I drank too much before a show (Hampton 88 2 bottles of Mad Dog guzzled minutes before a show) I usually waited until the Bobby blues tune (Rooster, walking, minglewood) If they close with day Job or Don't Ease, it was nice to get a head start before set break. I gotta say, 2nd set I almost always headed out durning drums/space to catch some air and relieve myself.
kfender
Gold Boarder

#118551 2 years, 7 months ago
I usually go into shows early and take care of business before the show starts.Once I'm in my seat I don't leave.All my friends will tell you the same thing.I don't roam around or hit the bathroom at all once the show starts lol
ApocalypseDead
Fresh Boarder

#118553 2 years, 7 months ago
Chester wrote:
I hate to say it, but maybe one of the newer Furthur songs. I'd really hate to miss out on a good ol GD tune.

As time goes on I become more and more the opposite. I feel like in a lot of cases I know what they're going to do with some of the more classic Dead tunes and though I like to hear'em I'm more curious about the post-dead material (I would lump covers, ratdog and furthur tunes into one big "new material" bundle for this discussion.) For instance, I've really been grooving on Any Road and Ashes and Glass as of late. Ex: Chicago on 11/19. I mean are you really gonna miss anything during the first half of a Stagger Lee other than Bobby playing with his effects panel ?
dept.
Junior Boarder
Church of the Imagination Divine

#118558 2 years, 7 months ago
second half of row jimmy

any beatles covers

saturday night

any brent songs
iLove,
---Dept.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#118564 2 years, 7 months ago
Is this thread sponsored by Flomax?

Rooster, CC Rider, LLR.........I can be done and back in time for the good Jerry/JK part.

El Paso, Me and My Uncle

You may have noticed a pattern in my selections. Bring on the hate, I can handle it.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#118580 2 years, 7 months ago
I wasn't fussy. It was always either the 2nd or 3rd song of the first set, whichever happened to be a Bobby song (sorry Bobby), then I think I was good for the duration (didn't drink beer then). I just know I never left when Jerry was singing. Now I just go when I have to, and hope they don't bust out something hot while I'm in there. That's happened a few times.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#118584 2 years, 7 months ago
The last time this question came up some people also said Ship of Fools, and I thought it was funny that a lot of people's bathroom songs mention water of some sort.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#118589 2 years, 7 months ago
Daisy Mae wrote:
The last time this question came up some people also said Ship of Fools, and I thought it was funny that a lot of people's bathroom songs mention water of some sort.

Aha!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#118591 2 years, 7 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
Denver Man wrote:
Ha!! This is a topic that always gets people riled up! Another topic could be "Songs you wouldn't dare leave for even if you have to soil yourself"

i'm definitely not trying to stir up trouble. i only mentioned it because i was really surprised at the responses i got from a couple of friends of mine (Bird Song, Dark Star... really?).

anyway, as for songs i wouldn't dare leave for even if i have to soil yourself.... that's a looooong list.

Sorry brother I didn't mean to imply that!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds