• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

"Bathroom" Songs

#118467 2 years, 8 months ago
Recently I have been discussing "bathroom" songs with some friends... you know, the ones that when you hear them played you say to yourself "ah, good time for bathroom break". And I've received some interesting responses...

- "Bird Song"... a friend of mine knows someone who goes to the bathroom every time she hears "Bird Song"

- "Dark Star"... i just discovered last Sunday that i have a friend who absolutely cannot stand "Dark Star"... can you believe that one? blasphemy!!!

- "Row Jimmy"... this is on my list. don't get me wrong, I really enjoy a good "Row Jimmy", but often times they are just long and boring. my friend was slightly horrified to learn that "Row Jimmy" is one of my bathrooms songs.

- "Good Morning Lil Schoolgirl"... the Furthur version of this song is #1 on my list. the only problem is that the song is too short for a bathroom break. so, as a result, when i hear Furthur do this song i just soil my pants and cry.

what's on your list of "bathroom? songs?
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Re: "Bathroom" Songs

#118469 2 years, 8 months ago
Ha!! This is a topic that always gets people riled up! One of my favorite responses to this question is "Leave for Lost Sailor and back in time for Circumstance".

My bathroom song is LL Rain but hey if I got to go I got to go .. I have the bladder the size of a small rodent!

Another topic could be "Songs you wouldn't dare leave for even if you have to soil yourself"
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#118471 2 years, 8 months ago
I prefer to avoid beer prior to shows and I don't have this problem start drinking at set break and its smooth sailing so generally I'd say my favorite bathroom song is she came in through the bathroom window or bad moon rising plus if you dance enough and sweat you don't gotta pee!
Last Edit: 2 years, 8 months ago by Dire Wolf.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#118472 2 years, 8 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Ha!! This is a topic that always gets people riled up! Another topic could be "Songs you wouldn't dare leave for even if you have to soil yourself"

i'm definitely not trying to stir up trouble. i only mentioned it because i was really surprised at the responses i got from a couple of friends of mine (Bird Song, Dark Star... really?).

anyway, as for songs i wouldn't dare leave for even if i have to soil yourself.... that's a looooong list.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#118474 2 years, 8 months ago
I remember at the Spac a year or 2 ago, I was seeing Phish, and towards the end of the show I really really had to pee....I figured I could hold out until the end of the encore, so I held it in as long as I could. When they came back for the encore and started playing YEM, I said, "No way am I waiting 25 minutes to pee", so I dashed for the porto-potties.
All my other peeing is done at set-break, or after the show.

The only GD song I can think of that would send me to the bathroom without feeling I missed much is Victim or the Crime.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#118476 2 years, 8 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
plus if you dance enough and sweat you don't gotta pee!

So true!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae, SunshineSue, amusingdeva
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#118477 2 years, 8 months ago
I'm among those horrified at Row Jimmy or Lost Sailor being on that list!

I always liked hearing a Might as Well or a Deal come up, because I could be pretty sure it was the end of the set, and I could head out about halfway through and, though good songs, not feel like I really missed anything but the line!
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#118479 2 years, 8 months ago
It depends on the day And how the band is playing. Ultimately, I would enjoy any song much better on an empty bladder. I usually go when I really gotta go And I need another drink.
I thought this thread was about songs about bathroom related stuff.

taper.tsquare
Visitor

#118482 2 years, 8 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:

trent hangs his head in shame at the thought of offending SunshineSue. please forgive me Sue!!!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#118483 2 years, 8 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:

trent hangs his head in shame at the thought of offending SunshineSue. please forgive me Sue!!!

Hey, I always forgive tapers anything!!
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds