• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

FMA: workingman's dead 2/3

#118302 2 years, 8 months ago
we're playing a new venue in LOCKPORT NY on the outskirts of buffalo, supposed to be a nice joint.

tuscarora inn
128 walnut st
lockport ny

10p-2a..couple 'lectric sets

plan to be shooting footage to pick thru for the dead covers project contest submission.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Little Bear
Gold Boarder
...they probably take care of themselves

Re: FMA: workingman's dead 2/3

#118331 2 years, 8 months ago
Have a Great show Burt!

I look forward to getting the chance to see you shredding the 6 string
~God bless the Hampton Inn~ ~And You~
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#118381 2 years, 8 months ago
little bear---should have it out in broomfield for some jam sessions!
Little Bear
Gold Boarder

#118417 2 years, 8 months ago
Right on, I have my Greyhound ticket to Denver, And an authorized Business trip with my P.O. I would absolutely love to be there when you guys get the Jam going

I Won't be bringin my Guitar, but it doesn't really make a difference since I can't hear what the fuck I am playing when I play with others anyway.

Only 2 weeks, The anticipation builds. Glad its only 1 day on the Greyhound as opposed to 3 eachway for NYE

wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#118422 2 years, 8 months ago
that great, very glad you're makin it out there brother. when do you arrive?

all you have to do is swing by the hotey to hang and jam, and you're more than welcome. just give me a call.

2 weeks seems like an eternity at this point. 1 day sure as hell beats 3!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Bear
Little Bear
Gold Boarder

#118434 2 years, 8 months ago
Absolutely, I can laugh off one day, But after 3 cramped days with only about 3 hour naps at a time, I have to rest a little.

I get there 11:15 am on the 16th.

After Being Blessed to make it for PnF at Christmas jam, I am greatly looking forward to this!

I hope they have speakers in the halls, I need room!
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#118583 2 years, 8 months ago
Little Bear wrote:

I hope they have speakers in the halls, I need room!

That was cool when they did that at the BGCC for NYE.

Have you seen them do it anywhere else ?

Should do it every show, in the halls, bathrooms, outside, on the roof, down the block, ok maybe that's a bit much...
Takin' it in stride!
Little Bear
Gold Boarder

#118630 2 years, 8 months ago
Nay! Tooo MUCH? Dancin in the Streets!

I Have seen it once or twice before, Can't place when or where, Somewhere in the cosmic Swirling Joke that the lasy Few Years have been.

Consulted with one of my Oldtimer Friends who says its mainly a West Coast -Sanfran in particular- Deal, Which used to be a lot more prevalent when Jerry was around.

I Really Appreciate them for doing it on NYE, I have no real desire to look at them, I find that When I watch them I am just constantly judging them for their Movements/Facial Expresion and Trying to figure out "what Did that Look from phil at John mean Is he un-happy about his playing, Is john fucking up, Does this sound good?"
But with the speakers in the Hall I can Dance with Full confidence Knowing that If I lash out with my arms in a Sudden Musicly inspired ecstatic pirouette I run a Much Smaller risk of Putting out someones eye, For me Looking at them is -Like the Drugs were- Just another Tivial distraction from the Thing I came and paid for, The Experience of being a part of The Creation of that SOUND!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Strider1
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#118805 2 years, 8 months ago
i agree little bear. being that close all the time isn't necessary, also, most of the time, the sound sucks up there. you get a different type of show up on the rail or first few "rows", especially if you are truly in the phil zone (the ground is rumbling and you're heart skips the occasional beat)...my favorite is about 15-20 rows back, phil side.

although being up close for a long time (always phil zone for me) really helped me learn to play a lot of GD bass. i was able to watch what he was doing so clearly, take those "lessons" back to the hotel or home wherever it is and make it happen.

on that note, where's my western new yorkers at??? tonight's gonna be a great one. come on by

only about 10-15 mins off exit 49 from thruway
Little Bear
Gold Boarder

#118858 2 years, 8 months ago
I have one Friend from CT who is one of those "I gotta be on the Rail nightly" types, So every show I saw on the spring tour with him we would be on the floor/on the rail, With me at 6'2 and him 6'4, We kept getting those patented 'Bob's a crazy old man' looks, What a trip that is, Bob lookin at you like that when puddled!
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds